PDA

View Full Version : Weekends

AndrewNolan
05-01-14, 04:49
Hi

I generally manage to cope, or at least survive my GAD during the week as I'm busy with work. However, I find weekends (which I pre-GAD I used to enjoy) to be a bit of a nightmare at the minute. I find weekends to be very lonely as I'm not busy working and unfortunately my social life has diminished since the onset of my anxiety and depression (had friends who didn't understand/weren't supportive so am no longer friends with them). I was wondering whether anyone else finds weekends to be the same and what they do to cope?

Thanks

A

pas74
05-01-14, 05:31
Oh I can identify with this and understand how you feel. I mostly see my friend (we're far too old to call each other boyfriend and girlfriend) at weekends but on occasions he has to work and I'm left to my own devices. I know this is going to happen and try to organise something to do in advance which involves activity. Say gardening, sorting cupboards out or an extra long walk with the dog. I try to get out shopping not necessarily to buy anything but at least be among others for a while too.

blue moon
05-01-14, 05:41
I am not fond of weekends,very lonely for me,my husband is often at work,he is a Doctor and gets called in when there is emergancy and when he is home,he sleep or catch up on çlient's paper work.I use to do a lot of things to keep myself occupied but now I do not much at all on weekends.
Petra x

AndrewNolan
05-01-14, 13:28
Thanks guys. At least I know that I'm not alone in feeling this way!

Rennie1989
05-01-14, 17:38
I no longer have weekends!

I used to be like that on my days off, too. I found that starting hobbies (mine being knitting, novel writing and blog writing) help to fill the void and encourages me to concentrate on anything but my anxiety (unless I'm writing a blog about it).

nataliewoods88
06-01-14, 21:42
yes days off can be a nightmare for GAD as there is nothing to distract you, its just you and your thoughts. my tips would be to keep as busy as you can!

Volvoman50
06-01-14, 21:42
Hi Yes me too! I have to find ways to positively occupy my mind at weekends sitting relaxing without occupying my mind just ends up with anxiety thinking.