PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing but..

Worrier13
05-01-14, 13:31
Hello. I feel weird writing about this... but I'm scared and need advice. I'm so sure that I have some sort of stomach cancer. But I'm only 20 years old (female) and don't drink that much. But I do smoke and use other tobacco products.

My symptoms (these have been going on for about 8 months):

Sometimes very bloody stool (clear red, could be because of constipation)
Severe constipation/diarrhea (never normal)
Abdominal pains every day, especially in the mornings
Bloating & gas

New scary symptoms:

For like 2 weeks in a month I don't feel hungry at all. I usually eat alot and my greatest pleasure is food. Now I really could go on for days without eating (like now, I noticed that I hadn't eating a thing in four days and got scared).

Because of this severe loss of appetite, I of course feel weak and tired all the time so yeah, my health anxiety is going overboard. Im thinking I have some kind of cancer somewhere that's causing this. Also I've had some stomach flu (well I of course think it's not the flu but a serious illness) that has caused major diarrhea for over a week now I haven't eaten anything! I feel like I'm fading away since I'm already skinny.

I've gotten my bloodwork done which was all clear. I'm too embarrased to go to the doctor again..

RoseEve
05-01-14, 14:07
Sounds a lot like irritable bowl syndrome. I also just had the stomach flu and haven't eaten in a few days.

toria
05-01-14, 14:24
Hi I have very similar symptoms to to but especially the painsi worry I have something serious but drs keep telling me its ibs and anxiety are you getting any help for your anxiety I start cbt tomorrow for my HA takd care toria x

paul80
05-01-14, 15:21
I recently had some of the symptoms you describe and thought I had cancer too. But it turned out to be IBS and stress. Get yourself checked out and please try not to fear the worst.

Fishmanpa
05-01-14, 15:23
A "Poo" Thread! ;) Those are literally some of the list of symptoms for IBS. There are ways both with meds and dietary changes that can help along with treating your anxiety.

It goes without saying that tobacco products and nicotine aggravate IBS and WILL cause serious health issues. I don't have to say it but I will. You need to QUIT SMOKING! Anxiety and alcohol DO NOT MIX! It's truly best to avoid it.

Positive thoughts