PDA

View Full Version : Wild feelings or just silly thoughts

I'mdave27
05-01-14, 16:51
My feelings and moods seem to change instantly. A minute ago I was just thinking of becoming a reborn Christian so as I was happy I put on my ipod and I started listening to Lana Del Ray "summertime sadness" and then I started thinking what a bad idea it is to become a christian , it's confusing. While listening to this music I have thoughts of having wild , violent sex with my fiancé and while we're doing this we can both have passionate sex and god will make his presence known to us. I also have thoughts of us robbing banks like bonnie and clyde then going somewhere tropical with this money I feel ashamed admitting this but thoughts of violence and destruction seem to make me feel alive , wild and full of life. Then when another songs and if it's a sad song I'll start thinking depressing thoughts I don't just get this with this artist but others also , weird I know. However is this normal or just music ?

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

?

Rennie1989
05-01-14, 17:36
Firstly, you cannot make a decision at whim as to whether you want to be religious or not. It took me a year to make the decision of returning to my old Temple but I couldn't stick it out because my heart was not in it. I am still a friend to the faith, though.

Secondly, the whole thing of robbing banks etc are intrusive thoughts. They are perfectly normal, it just shows that we are human. You are not a horrible person for thinking them, as there are more people who get them then don't.

I'mdave27
05-01-14, 18:08
I find life very confusing especially when my mind never stops ticking and thinking those old same thoughts , it's insane. I honestly think as humans we think too much and this has led us to believe that we are so important because we have alot on our minds