PDA

View Full Version : Do other people have this too?

tobturn
05-01-14, 19:38
ey everyone,

For some odd reason since the thought of disfigurement popped up in my head, and how getting severely disfigured would ruin my dream to be a respected and admired person and actor, for a long time I could not get it out of my head.
Every time I wanted to take steps to pursue my career, I'd think: yes, but what if I get disfigured? That would ruin everything!

This thought made me really scared, and I just couldn't get it out of my head. It totally stopped me from following my dreams.
I'm not scared of getting disfigured anymore, in fact it only lasted for about a week, but the thing I don't understand is WHY this thought made me so scared. It's a total irrational fear, and I've never had these kind of fears! It could be anxiety but I just cannot find anyone with a similar fear! This one came out of nowhere :wacko: It doesn't fit the description of any anxiety disorder... It's not a phobia either because I wasn't scared I'd get disfigured per se, the fear is only present when I think of pursuing a career as an actor, following my dreams etc. Only when I took steps to pursue my dreams, the fear returned!

Do you or do you know someone that has a fear similar to this one? Just out of the blue, totally irrational, that doesn't fit the description of any anxiety disorder?

Take care :)