PDA

View Full Version : stomach so scared please help

toria
05-01-14, 20:25
Hi I was after some help I am so scared I have been have a lot of stomach issues where I am getting lots of aches and pains in my right side pelvic groin and stomach I have had various test and Dr keep saying ibs and anxiety but today is the first day of my period and I have had sharpish pains in my right side does anyone else get pains like this on the first day of there period I probably have before but at the minute any pains is just so scary and i am thinking the worse I had a scan 6 months ago and all was fine can't get this worry out of my head at minute I am constantly thinking about that area, I start cbt tomorrow thanks x sorry for posting again it feels like its all am doing at minute is asking for reassurance, please help xx

hangingbasket
05-01-14, 21:15
Anxiety and IBS are VERY closely related. So a combination of these is a nightmare for a HA sufferer. I've been there too (and still am to some extent).

I have all kinds of bowel irregularities, and aches and pains. I spent a long time with right sided hip/groin/pelvic pain and now I have a right sided rib pain which has stuck around for a LONG time. Like months.

I'm not a doctor and can't give you any advice other than to say.. I too experience all sorts of pains ONLY on my right side. Maybe it's the way we hold ourselves when we're anxious? Maybe it's a tense sleeping posture? Maybe it's IBS?! Whatever it is.. it's definitely HA.

toria
05-01-14, 21:26
Hi hangingbasket thanks so much for your reply it helps so much when people have similar things to you but I am sorry you have these aches and pains, I do feel like when my anxiety rises so do the pains and like you say I do am so tense all the time even during sleeping I need to relax. Thanks again toria x

hangingbasket
05-01-14, 21:36
I wake up and I ache.. I know it's from tensing up during sleep so I dont panic about it, but I dont know how to change how I sleep?! So I guess I'll just deal with that.

This rib pain... it's non existant when I wake up, but I'm always waiting for it to come back, and without fail, in the afternoon.. there it is! I'm pretty sure that I'm tensing my body up so much so as not to feel the pain, that I'm actually causing it. After all this time.. I'm sure it would have progressed if it was something sinister.

You're one step ahead of me... you've had a scan, I havent! If there was anything to pick up, it would have been picked up.

If you find a miracle cure for untensing muscles, please let me know :)

toria
05-01-14, 22:10
I am having similar with the always waiting for the pain but i can bring it on so quickly like as quick as minutes after waking up I scan my hody for the aches and pains its driving me crazy, I wil certainly pass the muscle relaxing cure on if you do if you find it xx