PDA

View Full Version : Being Afraid of Being Afraid...

RosieBelle
05-01-14, 21:18
Heya,
does anyone else get that daily feeling of: 'what if I get really anxious/panicky/have a panic attack again'? It's like being afraid of feeling afraid...I've had several episodes in the last 5 years where I've had severe panic/anxiety and I'm so scared of experiencing that again, as it has happened several times before. It's awful having this daily worry of whether it's going to happen again. Is it 'panic disorder'? I haven't been diagnosed with a specific disorder, just given Citalopram for my anxiety.
I would love to hear from you if you also feel like this or if you have panic disorder.

Hugs,
RosieBelle xoxo

little kyle
05-01-14, 21:28
I had a big panic attack on the 1st/01/2014

and im waking up with the feeling of it happening again and still feel anxiety

im just fighting it as hard as i can

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

when i notice a panic i steady my breathing thats the key to stoping it

PhuzzBuzz
10-01-14, 04:05
Ive had similar episodes especially after a bad panic or anxiety attack. I think what you are describing is general anxiety disorder.

Bonnibelle
10-01-14, 07:18
Yes, I'm afraid daily. Fear of fear, it's horrible.

Try the Claire Weekes book Self Help for your Nerves, that's a great read.

PhuzzBuzz
13-01-14, 17:06
I'm getting that book hopefully tomorrow from Amazon.com. I ordered it Friday. A lot of what bugs me is the future tripping, what if this happens or that? Very distracting.

clare_201086
13-01-14, 17:56
I feel like this also it is horrible

Fishmanpa
13-01-14, 18:37
If you download and read the free CBT course offered on this site and page, you'll see that what you're feeling is normal for anxiety/panic disorder. Even in situations where you're not threatened, the body still puts out low levels of adrenalin as a defense mechanism. The adrenalin is what's still giving you that funny feeling that something isn't quite right and keeps you on edge. That can last for days after a panic attack.

Positive thoughts

cymraig_chris
14-01-14, 00:17
Fear of fear is panic, that's all it is, fear is safe. Call it's bluff. The fear you have created has no teeth.

I once heard it described as feeling like having a whale inside you, then let it come up and out completely and you burp up a tadpole.

Fear is nothing.

A collection of sensations, the physical sensations add together to form a recipe called fear.

The exact same recipe is used for excitement.

Excitement is movement towards the fear I the knowledge that it's perfectly safe.

Fear is the withdrawal from excitement in the belief that it's harmful.

Call it's bluff.

It's nothing.

You would get exactly the same physical sensations if you won X factor or other such ********.

RosieBelle
19-01-14, 11:51
Hey, thanks for the replies guys! :D Much appreciated! Anxiety's a #&^%$ isn't it?!

:hugs: