PDA

View Full Version : my success story of beating anxiety and depression

yappie94
05-01-14, 23:32
hi

i though i would share my story now to help other and raise confident levels in people to tell them you can get over this.

it all started for me when i just turned 18… i had everything going for me great friends,great family,good car,shit job, and plenty of beer in my life. all things expected for a 18 year old haha. anyway i was working at tesco as a checkout assistance which was boring as hell. i was sitting there serving customers and then suddenly i started to feel faint.. small panic attack had started aswell. i quickly ran upstairs to the staff room where i fainted in front of people. and bang that was the start of the crazy thing called anxiety.

i became fearful of fainting again in public which caused me great distress and i was unable to work properly or go out anyway including my beloved pub. it slowly got worse and worse and worse to the point were i met my good friend pure o. so by january 2013 i was crippled with anxiety and had a obsession with sucide for some unknown reason.

april
this is were i really hit rock bottom. i had sacked my therapist for being a idiot. i had just been forced to resign from my job cause they hated me and lied about things i never did. so there we go at the age of 18 i was at rock bottom thinking what the hell i do now. That was the turning point in my life. i thought i ant letting this shitty thing take over my life.. I'm young i should be out experience life for all its glory.

from that day forward i made small goals and smashed out the park into the point were i could start travelling about seeing things but still with anxiety and but now as bad. Then i joined a paintball team… my god this was just me throwing myself out there with the **** it attitude.. i don't care if i faint… i don't care if I'm anxious… i want to play paintball. travelling the uk and europe.. i mean from suffering crippling anxiety one month to drying the bit burger ( in germany) to play a paintball event.. literally through myself out there.

so time went by were everyday i was winning then BAAM september rolled along.. all friends had gone of travelling and i was all by myself with now work… depression rolled in. but i stall got up everyday to fight the demands (by this time i was 19) then i submitted…. i took a leap of faith… i stated citalopram. i finally admitted i needed a little help. and I'm thankful i did.

with the meds throwing every side effect at me i stall got up every day and went out and about throwing myself into activates. and driving all over the uk act.

summery

in hind sight with the meds and the **** it attitude i took with me when going out and about with anxiety. i have beaten all my demons. i decide to stop looking into things ( thats how i got of HA) just said **** it whatever happens.. happens we take some shit to the face just deal with it and move on… and i found with this attitude i know longer have any anxiety because i just somehow managed to stop caring about my worries and decide to stay in the present day not in the pass or future i will let the universe decide my future all i care about now is when I'm going to play paintball and were is the nearest pub haha lol

so i guess I'm saying you can doing you just have to change your lifestyle of worrie and fear… just grab those fears and just say **** you i don't care do your worst before you know it you will start getting better

sorry for the all the bad words it upsets me when i hear bout people suffering from this and i really hope people can get better and live life the fullest and sorry bout the long as read i hope it helps if u want some tips please feel free to pm me its is possible to get over this…i managed to do it in 1 year so anybody can

just remember my saying just say **** it bring your worse

hope this helps

Sunflower2
09-02-14, 16:59
I'm just new to the forum and found your post. It's a really great story showing that you've just got to let go and push yourself through even if you don't want to! I've struggled with anxiety for years which took a bad turn over Christmas when I could barely leave the house. I got panic attacks almost every single time I drove anywhere and I was just feeling really awful and sorry for myself. Since Christmas I've pushed myself to do the things that scare me and I can now drive down a dual carriageway again alone, which feels like a massive achievement! If you believe in yourself and know it's just a small part of your mind you can achieve anything you want to! Onwards and upwards from here!

Panic321
15-02-14, 22:29
Thankyou Yappie for your post. I am also trying to think positive. I have dealt with anxiety since I was 13. I am now 36. It has always got in my way. I have suffered with panic attacks and agoraphobia. But slowly everything is beginning to get better. I have started citalopram a month ago. I were trying to do without meds but realised I needed help. I am on 10mg , and I am slowly going to go up to 20mg. Last week, started to go to the corner shop again and went to the local mall so that is a big achievement for me. I am going try to go out more. I have stopped driving. I need to start driving again. That will be a very big achievement for me. Since I have started citalopram, I have only had a couple of panic attacks, so hopefully it will help. Thankyou for your post. You have done very well , going all over the country suffering from anxiety. Best of luck.