PDA

View Full Version : Another new member

ktylizbth
06-01-14, 04:17
I discovered this forum a few days ago when I was googling "fear of anaphylaxis". I have been having eating issues for the past couple years. At first I was trying to be "gluten free" ...Then it became "refined sugar free" "fruit free" Then it became grain free, dairy free, nut free, legume free, other random vegetables and fruits.

I am at a point where I have a very limited set of foods to eat and scared to try new things. I was 180 pounds a few years ago and now I am down to 135. I am setting up an appointment to see an allergy doctor and get retested to see if I have allergies.

In terms of what I suffer from, I'd say hypochondria, fear of anaphylaxis, panic attacks often revolve around food but I have also had a few as a passenger in the car. I hyperventilate every few weeks. I have fear of driving as well. I am unemployed, married, with 1 cat. We are wanting children in the future, but my health issues need to be resolved first.

I am not currently on any medications though I have been prescribed xanax but I only use it in emergency when I am having full out panic episodes.

I have not seen a psychologist at this point since I still strongly feel I have some health issues that have not been found.

I am going to have allergy tests, upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, and maybe even an MRI. If those tests don't help me, then I may see a psychologist. I understand that the mind can play important role in health.

Would love to make some new friends, and help support people with anxiety. :hugs:

Marty_67
06-01-14, 04:25
Hey Kty, welcome!

Tanner40
06-01-14, 13:36
Welcome to NMP, Kty. You will find many people here that have the same feelings and symptoms that you have. I found that it has helped me to accept all of my symptoms and feelings as anxiety, pure and simple. The more I focus on my symptoms, the worse they become.

Vivienne757
06-01-14, 23:29
Hi there, I am a new member also, thank you for reply on my thread I would echo tanners sentiments, I wish I had more advice for you but I don't.