PDA

View Full Version : Little bit of reassurance needed today please

willous1
06-01-14, 11:21
Last night we decorated the house and we made a mess of one part. My wife said something and I said don't worry we will sort out. I knew there was another word I could have used and panic, I stayed up all night and thought of loads of words and then when I googles realised the word I was looking for was rectify. Why didn't I know this. I know the word well like most and this is odd.

Libra
06-01-14, 11:35
Hi willous

I do it all the time.. Its so frustrating. I go to say a word and try as I might I just cant recall what the word is supposed to be. Your not alone with this. Just happens when your mind is overloaded with too many thoughts.

willous1
06-01-14, 12:01
I think it is more the fact I was up all night and didn't get word until googling

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

I get these set backs and usually fight them and keep improving but I have panicked a lot more with this one

cpe1978
06-01-14, 13:01
Well it is time to take a deep breath, take on board the reassurance you have been given and move on from this one too :)

Magic
06-01-14, 13:29
I am the same willous, Probably tiredness has something to do with it as you had been busy all day anyway. It's ok don't worry:hugs:xx

Leslie735
06-01-14, 13:48
Completely normal, I do that all the time. I can be doing something, walk in another room to grab something and forget why I was there or forget what I was saying mid sentence.

katesa
06-01-14, 14:12
Hi Sean,

I haven't been in touch due to family stuff but you are making real progress here, don't let this silly thing put you back. This is entirely n....oh what's that word?........(googles).....Normal!! That's it! :D

willous1
06-01-14, 15:06
Can someone answer something for me

When someone labels something

For example put it all in the same category there is a phrase you use

Someone said citroens have a bad name. I said I wouldn't let that put you off as people ......... Them etc

But can't think off expression

katesa
06-01-14, 15:09
Sean my dear,

I am a writer. Words are the tools of my trade. But even I have no idea what goes in that blank! lol

My best guesses would be "really like" or "swear by".

willous1
06-01-14, 15:12
Thanks Kate it's an expression though

For example because that person said it was bad it ...........,,

rebeccad
06-01-14, 15:15
Categorise ? X

katesa
06-01-14, 15:16
I'm sorry hon I really have no idea - slandered?

God this is harder than the Guardians cross word!

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Stereotype?

willous1
06-01-14, 15:18
It's like when people say something about putting something into I me catogary

You (blank) them

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

Stereotype that's it lol

rebeccad
Tarr them with the same brush ?

willous1
I said it earlier then it just went out of my head? Should that be a worry

rebeccad
06-01-14, 15:19
Lol I'm desperately racking my brains for an answer I was about to google :-s

willous1
06-01-14, 15:21
By the way nice to hear from you kate

katesa
06-01-14, 15:22
Ah! I win!!! :D

No you shouldn't be worried. I forgot what the kettle was called earlier. I told my husband we needed a new "thingy that we boil water with" he said "Immersion?" and I said "No no - the silver thing we make tea and coffee with". Doh!

willous1
06-01-14, 15:23
I'm so scared that it just went out of my head after saying it. This is becoming my new obsession. Have been making so much progress

MrAndy
06-01-14, 15:24
I'm so scared that it just went out of my head after saying it. This is becoming my new obsession. Have been making so much progress
i notice you can remember the name of a good looking blonde :D

katesa
06-01-14, 15:30
It means nothing Sean. I promise you. Look at my kettle example - and I'm supposed to be a writer and therefore good with words!

If you've got dementia by your "symptoms" then I must have it too, and be far further down the line than you because I do stuff like that all the time. Would you say I had dementia if you weren't having this panic yourself?

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

i notice you can remember the name of a good looking blonde :D

For a second there I thought you may have been talking about me and I was about to propose to you (I'd find a country where it's legal to keep my current hubby too)

And then I looked in the mirror. Ai Ai Ai.

rebeccad
06-01-14, 15:31
Oh I lost :-( must mean I have it to :-/ , it's normal sometimes I can't even remember my kids names x

katesa
06-01-14, 15:32
Rebecca, I sometimes forget that I have one at all.

Then I remember the harsh reality :D

rebeccad
06-01-14, 15:35
Lol sometimes if we are out and they're being quiet in the car I have to turn round and check they're all there I also once went if work in odd shoes how awful is that !! :-) xx

katesa
06-01-14, 15:48
Well, please don't call Social Services, but.....

My hubby and I were at the solicitors making a will. The conversation went like this..

Solicitor - So tell me about your dependents

Me - We don't have any

Hubby - *uneasy laugh* don't be silly Katie, of course we do

Me - I don't think the cat counts.....

To make it worse, Richard was sitting on my lap gurgling in his 10 month old way the whole time.

See Sean?

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

Oh and to further my nomination for mother of the year, I have left my babies pushchair in the co-op after buying milk and bread a couple of times.

Not so bad until I tell you that he was in it.

Just trying to show Sean that we all do really dippy, forgetful things all the time. Maybe we all have dementia but I don't think so.

rebeccad
06-01-14, 15:51
Ok if we are confessing , I once left my newborn son in the car when I went to collect his brother from nursery , it was only when somebody asked me where he was I realised , I also once forgot to pick my son up from nursery because I was internet shopping they had to call me , oops :-) x

katesa
06-01-14, 16:00
lol oh dear Rebecca. I do believe we are competing over who is the most neglectful Mother. I still think I beat you there!

Sean - how are you feeling now hon? I'm hoping that you are seeing that we all do things like this. And I'm hoping that you haven't distracted yourself by calling Social Services on me and Rebecca

willous1
06-01-14, 16:06
Haha no, I've done things like that. I know it's anxiety because I read something about dementia and forgetting words which was no fault of my own ha and these things have started happening. It started with me saying stereotype and then thinking was it the right word to use. 10 minutes later I was thinking about all alternatives then that word went out of my brain so got in a panic and got worried. Funny how I had no worry with word when used normally in a sentence.

katesa
06-01-14, 16:14
It sounds like you made your poor brain go in to over drive and it forget something of no importance.

The only brain issue you have hon is the same one we all have - being a bit nuts.

willous1
06-01-14, 16:21
I have times where I genuinely believe I do not have dementia and believe me a couple of weeks ago I never thought I'd think like that. I try to just see these as one of them normal things that happen to everyone but I escalate because of my anxiety.

So nice to hear from you Kate and hope your little one enjoyed their first Christmas.

katesa
06-01-14, 16:23
As I said earlier in the thread, you have indeed made progress Sean and you should be proud of that. Even on this thread, your posts have not sounded as frantic as they used to.

Richard had a great first Christmas thanks. Unfortunately we were all up north for longer than expected due to family issues which is why I wasn't in touch

willous1
06-01-14, 16:27
Aww well good to hear. In a couple of years the real fun will start with Christmas. Thanks, am going upwards but anxiety is a bugger and likes to sneak up.

Pomchi
06-01-14, 17:44
Hi Sean.

I think you sound like you are doing WAY better than on Christmas Day!

So much more rational, so whatever you are doing - keep doing it! Even if it does mean moving to a hotel permanently! lol