PDA

View Full Version : No Googling for a few days down

unsure_about_this
06-01-14, 11:23
I have done well not googling or visiting health websites, having the Internet down since last Thursday something to do with the line outside. It is now fixed.

I am still quite anxious about my health, worrying about bowel cancer etc in 2014. I don't like having health worries

Tanner40
06-01-14, 12:33
Congratulations on not googling, Phil. Try to keep it up, as I'm sure that it will be helpful for you. I can tell you that any reassurance that I ever gained from Google was short lived. In the long run, it always made me worse. Heck, I think Google was where I came up with half of my "diseases".

unsure_about_this
06-01-14, 12:37
Many thanks

It is great now we have the Internet back up and running, now we got it sorted, not wanting to have a quick Google about symptoms.

venusbluejeans
06-01-14, 12:59
Keep going unsure, now you have the internet back resist that urge and you WILL do it.

Magic
06-01-14, 13:33
I have stopped googling . I have frightened myself tooooo much :hugs:xx

yappie94
06-01-14, 16:25
well done dude keep going !!

Sam100322
06-01-14, 16:31
Google symptons is never good it always brings up horrible things. If your that worried visit your doctor and tell him your worries. I to was a type in your symptoms to google person. Now I stay well clear :-)

unsure_about_this
07-01-14, 08:49
Many thanks, I think in the last two years I have been to the doctors/GP about 40 times because I been so worried. Plenty of reassurance I need.

Antonio2301
07-01-14, 20:57
Yes Phil, we all know that using Google to look up symptoms with health anxiety is the worst thing you can do, yet we still continued to do it.I don't have health anxiety any longer after suffering years, why?? Because I don't Google.This made me far worse. I've come to realise that all my symptoms (after having every test possible and given the all clear ) are all down to my general anxiety and I now accept that . I wouldn't Google symptoms if you paid me.!!
Well done for staying clear and keep clear of it
It won't do you any favours, only make you worse
Ant