PDA

View Full Version : Another breathing related problem...

BeckyBop
06-01-14, 15:58
Hi guys :)
Recently I have been doing really well and getting a good hold on my anxiety. However one new symptom has frightened me quite a bit. As you may see from previous posts breathing is my no1 main problem with anxiety. I am pretty good at accepting my shortness of breath symptoms and of course when im distracted and then relaxed i dont even notice it. I am little one edge and panicky with my breathing today and just no experienced a new very horrid symptom. It was almost like my body had forgotten to breathe. Like I suddenly couldnt breath and couldnt take a breathe. As this happened I felt that rush of dread I get from panic but it has really freaked me because im terrified i wll experience this again and wont be able to breathe. My mum goes to work soon and I have to wait a while for my dad to come home which will put me in charge of my sister and im terrified of it happening again whe no adults are about which is of course making me more anxious. Is this a normal anxiety symptom? What can I do? Thanks

worrieraz
06-01-14, 16:58
Yes I have experienced this with anxiety. It is worse at night for me. Try to stay distracted while you are alone. Just take deep breathes and remind yourself it is just anxiety

Sam100322
06-01-14, 17:03
I've had this before it's horrible, not only do you get that feeling as if you can't breathe you also get the panic feelings as well. I've been told it's down to having a panic attack. When you feel this coming on you should try and breathe slowly take a deep breath through your nose then slowly back out. This should help. Plus the more you think of it and dwell that it might happen again it probably will. Just try and not worry about it I know that's better said then done. As I suffer from anxiety.

BeckyBop
06-01-14, 17:04
Thank you for replying I though i was alone in this and something was really wrong :/ like you its also worse at night x

worrieraz
06-01-14, 17:05
Becky you are def not alone. I experienced this so bad for awhile I was convinced I was dying and went to the Emergency room.

BeckyBop
06-01-14, 17:12
Did they just say it was anxiety then? x

Sam100322
06-01-14, 17:47
Yep defo an anxiety related problem :-( x

clover1201
06-01-14, 18:39
yep me too. I get it every night, many times until i fall asleep - its very scary but i have just learned to live with it.

AnxiousPansa
06-01-14, 23:54
Its reeally horrible isnt it im so terrified something serious is wrong with me but hey ho got to move on and accept anxiety x