PDA

View Full Version : Have myself covinced I have lung cancer

barbn
06-01-14, 18:05
Yep – I have myself convinced. Very sad, but I have a friend that has lung cancer that has spread. So, of course that means I have it. Never really smoked (tried one here or there)….And I totally know people can get lung cancer even if they didn’t smoke. My brain just doesn’t work right and it’s hard to explain to my husband why I worry. :unsure: I have an extremely stressful job and I think that is getting to me as well. For the past week I have had this pain in my back right shoulder blade – came on suddenly. My husband has tried very nicely to tell me I have a “knot” of tight muscles in my back (he can feel it) – more than likely from stress. I have also always had congestion that causes me to clear my throat or cough a bit – so with the back pain and the cough – I have myself convinced I have cancer. Okay, part of my brain is like “seriously??”…but the other part is dread and worry!!! UGH – I was doing so good for so long and now this! I am going to the Dr’s in a few weeks for my normal checkup….I hate health anxiety!!!!

katesa
06-01-14, 18:22
Oh hon, go look through my post history - I was in the same situation a few months ago except I did used to smoke. I even coughed up blood just before Christmas and my GP sent me for an urgent chest x ray. Guess what? Clean as a whistle. And suddenly, I don't even notice the thing that started the worry all that time ago - the shoulder and upper back pain.

You do not have lung cancer.

barbn
06-01-14, 18:32
You know - I am so glad I found this site. Sometimes you really need someone else (and about 1,000 other people) to tell you your "okay"....and then maybe the brain will stop this obsession. Its kind of like this endless cycle....you worry about the cancer, and that stresses you out, which makes other symptoms appear, and so on and so on! I need to look into some relaxation techniques!

Thank you - thank you for your response!