PDA

View Full Version : I've lost a stone (that's 14 pounds!) in two weeks..

katesa
06-01-14, 18:17
Good lord!

My thoughts a few months ago would have been - oh hell. This is cancer. Sure to be.

My thoughts now - YAY!!!! Looks like there was a silver lining to having an appetite reducing cold and being too busy to eat over Christmas!

I'm not sure if I'm trying to make a point here, or if I'm just boasting that I'm 1 stone less of a blip.

Pomchi
06-01-14, 18:24
Hi Katesa,

That's great news! I've been wondering if there are any cancers that have increased weight as a symptom (due to the 7 pounds that I've put on!) in 2 weeks.

Don't think there are any, so just me pigging out over Christmas then...:)

hangingbasket
06-01-14, 18:24
Bloody hell Kate!! Well done!
And also well done on your reaction to it!
I really need to lose weight but I'm not at the stage where I'm ready to do that yet. Too scared! Good for you :)

missacorah
06-01-14, 18:25
Good lord!

My thoughts a few months ago would have been - oh hell. This is cancer. Sure to be.

My thoughts now - YAY!!!! Looks like there was a silver lining to having an appetite reducing cold and being too busy to eat over Christmas!

I'm not sure if I'm trying to make a point here, or if I'm just boasting that I'm 1 stone less of a blip.

Boast away my sweet, give the rest of us a nudge in the right direction :D

katesa
06-01-14, 18:25
I think Pomchi, that you had a temporary bout of the lesser known "Gluttonous mince pie-trough" disease. It has many symptoms including weight gain and even heartburn, but you will be pleased to hear it's not terminal

Pomchi
06-01-14, 18:27
Ah, that'll be it! Couldn't find that particular illness on google - maybe I'll start a trend :D

MrAndy
06-01-14, 18:27
I put a stone on,I'm not a blip I'm a blob

missacorah
06-01-14, 18:28
I heard it can be terminal if Morrisons keep selling their iced mince pies?

katesa
06-01-14, 18:28
Aw thanks HB and Missacorah!

One down and - umm, well I won't say how many, but I will say I blame it ALL on my baby (yes, even 10 months later) - to go!

flossy74
06-01-14, 18:29
That's fantastic, and there I was feeling a bit smug that I had avoided weight gain. :D

katesa
06-01-14, 18:30
I put a stone on,I'm not a blip I'm a blob

A blob that makes us all laugh is better a herculean bore my friend.

Believe me all, I'd have totally tipped the scales by now if I hadn't had a virus and been running around like a blue arsed fly!

Pomchi
06-01-14, 18:30
Mmmm, ice mince pies.......

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

or iced even. Can't type due to thinking about iced mince pies...

katesa
06-01-14, 18:31
Best of all - they are all reduced now!

I'm off to Morrisons tonight.

missacorah
06-01-14, 18:33
*jealous* I work at my local Morrisons so I cant! Don't think it would go down well with me being on sick leave but managing to turn up to stock up on all their iced mince pies haha x

Pomchi
06-01-14, 18:35
Well Missacorah, you could always say they are medicinal!

katesa
06-01-14, 18:36
*jealous* I work at my local Morrisons so I cant! Don't think it would go down well with me being on sick leave but managing to turn up to stock up on all their iced mince pies haha x

May I suggest a mac coat and hat?

Well, it worked for teenage mutant hero turtles*

*very lame, sad person reference.

flossy74
06-01-14, 18:37
It's ok the turtles are cool again apparently

missacorah
06-01-14, 18:39
Haha imagine the gossip after Id left :D

MrAndy
06-01-14, 18:39
Morrisons doughnuts rule :D

Pomchi
06-01-14, 18:42
I think we should all meet in Morrisons for an anti-anxiety, eat-all-you-can day!

I actually do think that their cake section could make me forget my HA for a while. And so much cheaper than private CBT!

missacorah
06-01-14, 18:48
I think we should all meet in Morrisons for an anti-anxiety, eat-all-you-can day!

I actually do think that their cake section could make me forget my HA for a while. And so much cheaper than private CBT!

Sounds like the best kind of therapy to me Pomchi!

I was in the Morrisons café as a customer just before xmas with the fella and it was OAP day where they had the Salvation Army playing carols and each OAP got a free cuppa and a mince pie. I was horrified when 'Cook' came up and offered me a free mince pie or cake of my choice (I'm only 38).

She must have sensed from my expression I was about to beat her about the head with my handbag cos she added that they were giving them to everyone cos it was nearly the end of the day and not cos I looked like of OAP age.

Rudely she declined my offer to help her dispose of ALL of them. Cant please some people :D

Pomchi
06-01-14, 19:02
Haha, that's so funny. And I get mistaken for an OAP far too many times (although granted it's usually on my "off" days - no make up, woolly hat with bobble, glasses).
And I'm only 51! Maybe it's the zimmer frame........

missacorah
06-01-14, 19:07
Haha oh god my colleagues would get a real shock if I was seen without my makeup!