PDA

View Full Version : Opposite Reaction to Diazapam

TillyBoo07
06-01-14, 21:29
I've recently gone back on Citalopram and because the side effects were so bad my GP gave me 2mg 3 x day of Diazapam to calm me down. I took the first tablet at 10pm just before bed and went straight off to sleep. Great. But then I woke with a start at 4am having the most awful panic attack. Nothing would calm it and eventually at 6am I took another 1. But the same thing happened a couple of hours later and the attack lasted well into the afternoon. Has anyone else experienced this with Diazapam? Or could it just have been the Citalopram side effects. I haven't dared take a Diazapam since but I'm sooo tired and wound up I need something to relax me before I go completely mad.

nicola1980
06-01-14, 21:52
Hi i would say its defiantly the cit causing side effects, mainly the heightening of your anxiety and panic which is a common side effect x x

k1
15-04-14, 11:19
Hello, I had the same thing yesterday. I went to the doctor because after three weeks on prozac I was totally flipping out. The anxiety was horrendous!

He prescribed me Citalopram and Diazepam (5mg, 3 times a day)

I took one as soon as I got back from the docs. Felt a bit spaced out but still the anxiety was there. Was worried too that the diazepam was making it worse.

Took two before bed (not what the doctor ordered, but I was feeling really stressed and anxious) Slept like a baby and didnt wake up until 10 am..

Anxiety is back. Think it is the prozac wearing off and possibly the new med citlopram intensifying it.

Feel worse than I did before starting any meds.. hoping the diazipam will take the edge of things and that the cit will kick in soon.. :/

good luck :)