PDA

View Full Version : Depression has come back strong

nataliewoods88
06-01-14, 21:31
hi everyone

wow ive not felt this low in a while. This past week have been such a struggle. Ive lost all my energy and 'life'. i feel completely lost and hopeless. The world seems like such a bleak empty place and its scaring the crap outta me! i finished my cbt before christmas and it does help to a degree, more with anxiety. This depression is something so heavy on my shoulders I feel like i can't cope. Im also on 100mg of sertaline yet i feel its doing nothing! What does anyone think i should do? i am terrified as to why my meds arent taking the edge and im frightened at how low my moods got. :unsure:

Cú Chulainn
07-01-14, 00:08
HI Natalie,
So had the sertraline never helped you then or has it only stopped working recently?
You should really make an appointment with your GP to discuss your low mood and the lack of drug effectiveness.
How long have you been on Sertraline? If this one is the not the drug for you
or has stopped working there are plenty of other drugs to try.

Ikaeoph
07-01-14, 02:17
I as on sertraline 50 mg which helped me, but th Wooster above me is right. Have you isolated yourself from the outdoors? I know this is probably annoying to hear and you might be sceptical, but a walk everyday outdoors really do help you feel natural again and you will eventually ignore your low moods on the walks as your busy smelling and seeing the world. I stopped medication a year ago and my daily walks are what keeps my depression away I'm 100% sure, try it and see. Good luck, there is always hope.

nataliewoods88
07-01-14, 20:55
thanks guy, both positive!

teej
07-01-14, 21:03
Run run run!

I am on 20 mg of citalopram but I think if it were not for running I would be in a far worse place than I am now. I started with the NHS couch to 5K podcast but now I like to run 10K when I'm feeling bad. I have bought all the kit and I run rain, hail or whatever.

I think medication can help to an extent but maybe it just empowers me to do the things to help my anxiety and depression.

It's definitely worth a chat with your doctor to see if your medication dose is working but it took me 2 months to settle onto the citalopram.