PDA

View Full Version : Back again

Jonnydc
07-01-14, 00:55
Hi all! I am Jon, a 27 yr old living and working in London. As way of a brief intro here is my story;

I suffer from anxiety disorder, panic attacks and as a result often have some depressed tendencies also. I first experienced these issues almost 8 years ago at Uni, I had a few weeks / months of some really nasty experiences as I'm sure we all have here. With medication and CBT I regained control and enjoyed a normal and fulfilling life (a few ups and downs here and there).

Over the last few months it all started creeping back, I have a high pressure job and work long anti social hours and it all came to a head over Xmas. Anxiety, panic and depression back with vengeance!

Today was my first day back at work from the seasonal break...I managed half an hour before realising I was useless, couldn't focus, nervous etc... I got a taxi home and have taken a few weeks off to recover. (I hope I do). My first feeling is of course having let myself down. Feeling very emotional and honestly pessimistic - deep down I know / hope it will pass.

I cam back on here (I was a member 8 yrs ago) as it is comforting to hear words of support, strike up new friendships and help each other. I am a seasoned pro at living and succeeding with these omens (ironically I'm low at the moment) so I'd welcome others Ina similar boat to get in touch.

All the best

Jon

blue moon
07-01-14, 04:36
Welcome back Jon:D

Petra x