PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

chelseyz
07-01-14, 03:39
My name is Chelsey and I'm new to this forum!

I'm not currently taking anything or seeing anyone for my anxiety, I have sort of self-diagnosed health anxiety. I just moved, so I'm in the process of finding another primary care person. I do see a chiropractor on a regular basis.
I've always been a worrier, but for about two years now my worries about my health have shot up. It started to get really bad after I graduated college and moved 1,000 miles away from my family for a job. I live on my own, which doesn't make the anxiety any better. A lot of the time, my worries about something awful happening (heart attacks, strokes, undiagnosed diseases, other life-threatening concerns, etc.) keep me awake at night which has been affecting my mood and I think just makes the anxiety worse. I'm only 22, so the likelihood of some of these things happening is very low, but I still get scared.
I have ADD as well, which causes me to hyperfocus on things. It's been a struggle because even though I realize I'm obsessing over health matters, I'm yet to make myself calm down about them.
I'm hoping that people here will be able to share their stories and how they've overcome anxiety like this, and also if this forum has helped them in their success!

blue moon
07-01-14, 04:19
:welcome:Hope you enjoy the site.:D

Petra :flowers: