PDA

View Full Version : Really rough day leads to horrible night

scrumking
07-01-14, 05:43
So as some of you know today has been a particularly bad day for my health/heart anxiety and I really struggled to get through the day. Well I did and had a not bad evening but now that I'm laying in bed I'm having really bad anxiety and dealing with fears I thought I had conquered long ago.

Ever since I was diagnosed with sleep apnea I have been terrified of dying into sleep. I do use my cpap màchine pretty regularly but sometimes it's a struggle because the machine triggers some claustrophobic and choking sensations which in turn triggers my anxiety.

Wow I'm babbling long story short I'm freaking out right now thinking if I close my eyes I will never wake up due to a massive heart attack or brain aneurysm

cloudbusting
07-01-14, 05:52
:hugs: you are perfectly safe and nothing is going to happen.
Try looking on YouTube for a nice, guided relaxation video. I have been using them for a few nights o get me off to sleep and they work wonders.

Leslie735
07-01-14, 13:18
I agree, try watching a funny TV show or something (if you have a TV in your room) to distract your mind. I assure you that you are just fine. :hugs: