PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks - Night Only

spb
07-01-14, 07:30
Hi,

For the past 2 nights I am waking up after about 4 hours sleep with shortness of breath and a lump in my throat which puts me into panic then I find it quite difficult to get back to sleep. When I do finally nod off I usually wake up with shortness of breath minutes later and the whole thing repeats itself. I have had panic attacks for years but not really at night before. I would just like a good nights sleep before going to work!

blue moon
07-01-14, 07:55
Hi our subconscious mind play's games is there something that you are worriedabout? I say at night I will not worry about it I am going to sleep now I will worry about it tomorrow I repeat this over ûntil I am rested.
Petra x

spb
07-01-14, 13:57
Hi Petra,

Thanks for your reply, I’m always worried about something or another. I am worrying more than usual about money, work, family etc. at the moment for some reason. It’s the waking up out of breath thing that is quite scary.

tina gill
11-01-14, 21:40
Hi spd.and everyone.I suffer really badly from panic attacks, and have done for years.i have had every symptom going, including waking up early hours of the morning,with my heart racing..shortness of breath, my throat seems to tighten.these panic attacks rule my life, I am resticted to my comfort zone.if I travel in trafic or hit a motorway I start finding it hard to breath, my hands go cold and clamy,I have even lost my sight for a moment or two, I get aching in my left arm on occasions to.i have had counceling but it hasn't cured me.Is there anyone else who has had my symptoms. .or am I a real loss?

poppy1
12-01-14, 12:40
I've never really suffered from panic attack until I woke at 4am heart racing really fast felt sweaty sick and dizzy. Found it hard to believe it was panic until I had 24 hr ECG which was normal. Still get fast heart beats in the night. Hate it.