PDA

View Full Version : Scared to exercise?

AnxiousPansa
07-01-14, 11:31
Hi all
As some of you might know I go back to college tomorrow which is in itself a nerve wracking idea. But at college one subject I study is dance and I also have a ballet class this evening. And I am terrified. My biggest problem at the moment is my breathing and I find it hard to get it under control when im anxious. So the prospect of actually inducing the symptoms that I associate with a coming panic attack (increased breathing rate, heart rate, adrenalin) is terrifying me. It is worth mentioning before I got my anxiey ballet was something that used to make me nervous anyway because the peoplte there arent very nice and the classes are so formal and strict! My mum is aware im anxious but is telling me im being silly and I just need to go out there and do it but im so terrified of having a panic attack surrounded by people who arent very nice and just all in all im absolutely terrified.

Leslie735
07-01-14, 13:20
I understand your anxious, totally get it, but maybe it'll actually do you some good to focus on something else. Just go in with a positive attitude and enjoy the classes. I assume you are signed up for the classes because you enjoy them right? Or at least use to?

AnxiousPansa
07-01-14, 13:29
I use to ballet when I was younger before I quit. I just find the classes make me anxious because im next in line for the exam and im suppose to know it and anxiety has stopped me practicing so I know I will just go in with anxiety and not know it and embarass myself :/