PDA

View Full Version : It,s a sighn the kids have gone back to school!

fruity
07-01-14, 12:21
well my kids have gone back today so im anxious but to make it worser theres an hellicopter really low just the back of my house circling round been on & off now for 15-20 minutes. so in-turn im panicking just incase anything,s happend.the hellicopter has gone a bit now but i can still hear it in the distance. i only live 5 minutes away from kids school. i know they,d ring me but what if they don,t know one of them,s missing. i have rang the school before in the past to check on them but i feel an idiot doing it. i feel so edgy. And horrible thoughts in my mind.:unsure:

Brunette
07-01-14, 12:51
In the main, helicopters are sent up to chase fleeing thieves and vandals and report on traffic snarl-ups. I wouldn't worry about it.

fruity
07-01-14, 13:22
brunette. thanks for reply.:)

Jojomarymoo
07-01-14, 19:47
Hi fruity, I suffer from bad anxiety when I hear ambulances and I don't know where my family is. I always fear the worst, to the point that when my parents ring me, they say straight away "nothing's wrong!". Fear rules my life and I do no relax unless I know my family are ok. It's so real when it happens, so you are not alone. I would make excuses to call my son up, just to make sure he was ok. Take care x

barbn
07-01-14, 20:26
Don't feel bad - when my daughter was little I put her in private school only because it was close and I didn't want her taking a bus. I would worry too much....and the truth is she would have been fine. Heck, I was when I went to school. When I get like that I have to force myself to stop the negative thinking. I usually tell myself over and over again - "things are fine"....I say it out loud! What ever it takes!! As for the hellicopter....it could be doing a million things...something as simple as taking arial photos.

jillyb
07-01-14, 21:18
When my youngest went to senior school I used to follow him to the bus stop, which he hated. When we got a dog I'd take the dog out about a minute after he left to catch the bus but the dog would bark and my son got even more cross with me because he knew I was following him. In the end I had to stop it but I'd fly up to the top room where I could see the bus go pass. My anxiety would really ramp up as the time for the bus got nearer. Once I saw him on the bus I'd relax but if I couldn't see him I'd jump in the car and follow the bus until I saw him! I have to say, it really p**d him off! Now, when I look back, I realise how daft I was, but I couldn't help it. This catastophising is a flipping nightmare! Somehow we have to learn not to do it, but it's so hard. I feel for you! I hope you can get some help with your anxiety x

fruity
08-01-14, 12:28
thank you jojo. yes im ok when my kids are back

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

barbn thanks for reply. yes i often have to keep telling myself there ok and say it out loud too.

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

jillyb. thanks for your reply.