PDA

View Full Version : How to relax/have fun when alone?

AnxietySufferer
07-01-14, 16:03
Okay so, when I'm anxious I find it very hard to relax or have fun when I am at home. It means that I get really fed up and don't know what I do with myself and I just sit in my phone for hours or I am looking though the forum.. I want to know what others do do have fun when anxious apart from the obvious things like watch a movie because that doesn't really work for me :(

LunaLiuna
07-01-14, 16:05
Try something creative, it'll take your mind off the anxiety aswell :)

Oosh
07-01-14, 16:21
Podcasts/conversation.

AnxietySufferer
07-01-14, 16:34
Thanks for the ideas, i can never realx :( i need a new hobby or somthing but wanted some ideas for things to do at home for cheap that will stop me feeling so down and alone :(

teej
07-01-14, 18:37
I find video games good. I especially like the driving ones. Keeps me occupied for hours.

Maybe you could teach yourself how to program a computer http://www.codecademy.com/?

I also do quite a lot of sport - cycling and running too! Cycling is definitely a time hungry sport!

Fishmanpa
07-01-14, 18:56
I saw the title of this thread and my mind went south for a moment ~lol~ Then I remembered, it's only 6" from the curb to the gutter ;)

Positive thoughts

Bonnibelle
07-01-14, 21:52
Enter competitions, go on prize finder to find a list of comps. Read, I read a lot of books on my kindle. At Last a Life is a great book as are the Claire Weekes ones. If you can go for a walk, I walk my dogs as far as I feel comfortable. I workout using WiiFit or an app on my phone with exercises. Baking I also enjoy.

I get very anxious on my own, the days are long but I find doing little things helps.

AnxietySufferer
08-01-14, 07:01
Thanks a lot for all your ideas :) Fishmanpa, what are you chatting about haha?

flossie
08-01-14, 08:12
Try something like a jigsaw puzzle that you can leave and come back to when you need to relax your mind.

blue moon
08-01-14, 10:31
I saw the title of this thread and my mind went south for a moment ~lol~ Then I remembered, it's only 6" from the curb to the gutter ;)

Positive thoughts

:roflmao::whistles:

Rennie1989
08-01-14, 11:08
My hobbies are creative writing, blog writing and knitting. I write novels, which is a very large project, that allows me to express myself through my writing. My first novel has a lot of aspects about myself, my past experiences and future that are reflected in most of the characters and the plot. I suppose it's like writing a letter to yourself, only it's in a novel.

All in all they help to distract my mind to something more constructive and having a project gives me a sense of accomplishment. I've completed the first draft of my first novel and almost finished knitting my blanket. I also want to try learning the violin once my husband and I move to our new place.

Hobbies don't have to be expensive. Creative writing only requires your computer or a notepad and pen and creative writing books are cheap. Crafts like knitting, crocheting, cross stitching etc can be cheap if you look in the right places (i.e. eBay). Baking is a good idea too because you can share your creations.

HoneyLove
08-01-14, 12:01
Some great ideas in this thread, I like the one about entering loads of competitions!

Here are the hobbies & things I like to do at home:

- blogging
- chatting on twitter
- reading
- creative writing (poetry & this year a book!)
- listening to music
- pampering myself with a candlelit bath, face mask, pedi/manicure, hair treatment!
- playing Sims 3 or my Wii lol
- baking cookies and cakes
- photography & photo editing
- reading blogs or interesting websites like Psychology Today
- watching movies
- reading (lots of different types of books at the same time!)
- practising a little yoga
- meditation

There's so much you can do, it's really just about learning what makes you happy or what you might be passionate about. It's a very nice process :)

Brunette
08-01-14, 12:21

Positive thoughts

You're not the only one Fishmanpa :winks: