PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about your back pain!!! Help me stop worring!

barbn
07-01-14, 16:13
So, I have started having this back pain in my right shoulder blade - more towards the spine. Of course I have convinced myself I have some type of cancer. I would love to hear about other people and back issues you have had .....I am wondering if my back pain is really stress. My job is extremely stressful and the pain is much worse when I am at work. Once I am home for a while - I don't feel it as much. I am noticing I don't have the best posture at work either.

Started about a week ago....more of a burning sensation. If I move my right arm around I can feel the burn more...I don't really feel it if I take a deep breath. Sometimes it kind of moves to my upper shoulder. I do have a slight cough - or more I clear my throat....but, I have always done that. I have post nasal drip (yuck)! I do not cough anything up (uh, no blood ever).

Ugh - I hate my brain working like this. Has anyone else had back issues? I am going to the Dr. end of the month for my annual check up and will mention this if it is still an issue. Can stress really mess my back up like that?

Annie0904
07-01-14, 16:21
Stress can cause back pain because you are tensing the muscles more. It could also be bad posture especially if you are sitting at a computer a lot or lifting things?

barbn
07-01-14, 16:34
Ugh - I sit at a computer all day long! I want to tell my brain to STOP and it can be aas simple as stress. But, oh no - not my brain...I have to think I am dying of cancer.

mandie
07-01-14, 19:20
Hi I have the same thing.

I spend 6 hours a day at work on computer and a few hours at night on the laptop every day. This and my anxiety is most probably giving me upper back and pain in my shoulder but I still worry

mandie x

barbn
07-01-14, 20:18
I hate to say it - but I am so glad I am not the only one! The rational side of us knows that it is more than likely stress, bad posture, stress, being overweight (myself), stress, etc.....but, the anxiety part of us has me dieing of cancer.....oh boy!