PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or heart attack ? So scared ;(

Babyrose0120
07-01-14, 16:48
Hi for the past 2 weeks i have had a dull ache in the center of my chest which has been coming and going its not really really bad about a 3 out of 10. I have had this pain before when i was younger( im 22 now )and went to the doctors and they said it was indigestion so i stopped worrying and thinking about it and it went away for years and i didnt have the pain at all .it was Boxing day when the came back and i had eaten quite a bit several hours before the pain came And i completely freak myself out and always think the worse . The pain has gone away when taking painkillers and also if i distract myself i dont have the pain but as soon as i think about it the pain comes back !! and the worrying starts all over again . I have also had pain in my left arm on and off not at the same time as the chest pain , my arm is sore touch so im wondering if its muscualr which is quite possible ,But also because i have been feeling so worried about this pain i have felt really tense so could that also be causing the pain ? feel absoultley fine apart from the dull pain i have been out walking and running with the dogs and stuff without the pain so im not sure what to think it is :( i am soo stressed out at the minute with problems with my sister , money problems and setting up my own buinsess ! i was diagnosed with IBS 4 days before I got this chest pain when I was getting my ibs stomach pain I was convinced I had appendicitis and was worrying for weeks before hand ! Sd now i know what it is i havent had the pain at all since ! And this is exactly what I'm doing with my chest constantly worrying about it and no doubt making it worse !! But I just can't help myself it's really getting me down I just feel like crying with all this anxiety :( if I distract my self and there Is no pain I feel great !! Please someone tell me of this sounds more like anxiety or heart attack ? I am going to go to the doctors !

Fishmanpa
07-01-14, 17:02
Please someone tell me of this sounds more like anxiety or heart attack?

Plain and simple... Anxiety

Positive thoughts

TooMuchToLiveFor
07-01-14, 17:17
I agree- anxiety. Just this morning my chest has been really aching all the way through to my back. I don't like it, but I am not scared of it because I know it is my body just reacting normally to the extra adrenaline my sympathetic nervous system is producing due to the anxiety loop.

You can break the loop.

"Hope and Help for Your Nerves"- Dr. Claire Weeks. Great place to start in order to understand what is going on with your body.

scrumking
07-01-14, 19:38
I think my HA would be so much easier to control if the physical sensations from it would stop