PDA

View Full Version : Bad anxiety problems!! Please respond.

peter245
07-01-14, 16:48
hi im 15 and have GAD
but lately my symptoms have excessively Faded on its own without any help psychologically.
but what has increased and is making me panic is separation Anxiety.
in the past 3-4 weeks going to my dad's house has made me sad.
i start worry like 'what if my mum' were to die while i was seperated and i can't spend the last minutes with her. these can affect me twice a day at my dad's house.. im going to list you the symptom's below so keep reading!! -_-
1. nausea/panic
2. sadness i need to see my mum i love her and wanna be next to her.
3. heart racing when she calls me to go home.
4. fantasizing horrible images like her 'dieng oh getting a phone call that she passed
5. the last night goes well but the day before, i feel sick flu like and i just wanna go home (Flight) response get me outta! here
so there you have it? although when she goes to the mall and im left home i don't feel these? is there a chance i have seperation anxiety for my house not my mum. explanations appreciated thanks sincerely in return! sorry for my grammar i think i done ok!,regards -peter cheers.

Kenna5027
08-01-14, 03:07
It's possible. I know that I have had similar symptoms since I was young, and even still do (I'm 22). Whenever I am away from home or especially when I am alone and see things that remind me of my family together, or my home itself, I will feel sad.

I think it's fairly natural to worry about family members, but you are clearly worrying excessively and it's negative for you. Maybe you could try talking to your mother or father about your fears, and/or taking baby steps to help you cope. For example, when you are at your father's house, go out and do something to distract you that you both enjoy - make memories together. Once a day, allow yourself a quick phone call with your mother, just to see what's up and make sure everything is all right - and of course, tell her about your day. Whenever you feel sad, again, distract yourself and remind yourself that you will see her soon.

It won't be easy, anxiety never is. But you CAN cope.

peter245
08-01-14, 04:28
Thanks great advice from an adult.

suzibandit
08-01-14, 06:24
Peter...you are 15 your hormones are going bonkers and I used to have these thoughts but you don't want yours to spiral out of control. Try talking to mum ? Will you be able to do that. It's hard I know but maybe if she knew how you felt she could help in someway. I wish you luck xx