PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new.......

lowkey
15-11-06, 13:15
Hi my name's Helen and I've been taking seroxat on and off for about..actually must be about 9 years (that scares me, didn't realise it was that long) I've been on a low dose ie. 10 mg (i think it's mg's..) for a good few years - for the past probably last 3 months I've been taking slightly less (got the doc to give me liquid for ease of cutting down) so I got down to 9 for ages and that seems fine - but then been taking 9 one day and 8 the next - then getting frustrated with it taking so long and taking 8 two days, then 9 the next . Then I missed a dose one day and for some reason that's had a real effect - in that i've realised my 'true feelings' - well I think that's what they are unless they are the effect of not being 'numbed' slightly and feeling quite generally stressed about everything. I've been having very stressful dreams the past few days since, even tho I've gone back to my 'normal' dose again and whilst I sort of enjoyed feeling bit more 'like myself' the anxiety I've been feeling over just 'normal' things and how tense I realise I am about everything is obviously horrible. I have a very tight generally neck, back and shoulders (which i have had looked at my various health professionals) and last night I felt so fed up and just cried and cried - it is always like a bit of a release when I do this, but I feel low and can't sleep - and all of these things are very difficult obviously when you work full time. but I stuggle with kind of liking the first little bit of experincing feelings almost and then the next bit of just being upset and wishing I weren't me. would love to get off them and just feel like normal me - but unsure if these are the effects of coming off seroxat which will wear off or if I will become an anxious mess.

Thanks for listening just wanted to tell someone really!

hopeful
15-11-06, 13:25
Hi Helen,
I dont take meds myself,well not prescription meds, so cant help you there. There are lots of people on here who do though and im sure someone will be along to advise/support you soon. This is a great site,its helped me loads. Hope it does for you too.
Take care
julie x

yorkylover
15-11-06, 13:31
Hi lowkey welcome to the forum.You will get lots of support here,and helpfull advise.Your not alone pet.;)

Ellen XX

nicjay
15-11-06, 13:47
Hi Helen

Welcome to the forum.

Have a read of other posts and you will see that you are not alone.

Take care
Nic
xxx

vernon
15-11-06, 14:41
Hi and welcome to the site. I have been on antidepressants to for many years. Up until 2and half years ago I was on the old type and now on Cipralex which is also a SSRI. You are really going about coming of them the right way little at the time, that’s what I am doing now trying to wean off them bit by bit. I might be wrong but I really don’t think missing a dose one day would have bad effects as they take so long to get into the system not like a normal pain killer. The fact that you remembered you had forgot to take a dose proberly made you over anxious so I think that’s why you felt extra bad at that time. Just think about us and other people who must have missed the odd dose and not even remembered? You only seem ill when you know you forgot. I think that part is a mind thing. Anyway hope you feel better soon. Vernon

LickeyEndBlues
15-11-06, 15:04
Hi Helen

Welcome to NMP. Your posting will sound so familiar to many people reading it, me included.

You wil find loads of help, advice and most importantly support in here. I have been a member for 6 weeks now and found it very helpful.

Your neck and shoulders sounds very much like classic tension and one route might be deep muscle massage by a professional, I had similar pains and it worked for me...having said that I could do with another trip!! As you may be aware muscles have memory and are fond of slipping back into "knots" when we are tense or anxious. Physio will straighten them out.

Take care and good to see you

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

net
15-11-06, 15:38
hello lowkey

welcome

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

trac67
15-11-06, 20:28
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

honeybee3939
15-11-06, 20:29
Hi lowkey !

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way !:D

Love

Andrea

xxx

mooks
16-11-06, 00:43
hi there
welcome ....
im also on seroxat and have been off it twice....it does get a lot of bad press and is one of the most difficult ssri's for withdrawal side effects but as the others have said you are going about it the right way....i managed it but it was hard as the side effects were harsh and I can assure you it is only side effects you are experiencing ( don't allow your mind to convince you otherwise)
I returned on it and am on it again for my illness returned due to the suicide of my father, but am hoping to switch to a newer ssri as seroxat is not working as well as it has been
I hoped that helped...the low feelings may slightly be due to your anxiety about the side affects but be reassured they are just due to the meds leaving your system...and when you stop completely its still alittle while before they disappear completely xxx

manmoor
16-11-06, 15:10
Hi Helen,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

nomorepanic
19-11-06, 20:44
Hi Helen

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope you get some great support and advice on here.

Please feel free to ask us any questions you need answering.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel