PDA

View Full Version : New Year New Start

cjw
07-01-14, 18:07
I just wanted to share my experience.....last year I made a resolution to break the anxiety chain, it didn't work!! This year I tried a different approach....look after my body and hopefully the mind will follow. I gave up smoking in October and feel much better for it. Since the 1st January I have signed up to be a Dryathlete and raise money for Cancer Research Uk. This involves not drinking alcohol for a month. this is a challenge for me as I have been a fairly heavy drinker for several years. I'm sure that this will definitely help my anxiety. I've also downloaded the Couch to 5k training program from the NHS website. The idea is within 9 weeks I will be running 5k!!!! I've done two runs (with a bit of walking :) ) and yes I thought I was having a heart attack.......the usual anxiety trick!! But I have to say I do feel better and less tired since I've started cutting out the alcohol and getting more exercise. I know it's early days but I am determined to carry on this new regime to see how it helps my anxiety. I'll keep you posted :yesyes: ........ If I can do it, everyone can!!