PDA

View Full Version : Feeling yuk on Citalopram, anyone else the same?

devon_guy
15-11-06, 14:22
I was on citalopram 20mg last yr and apart from a couple of days nausea I was fine. I came off them nearly a yr ago and have had to go back on them but have gone on 10mg to start with.

I have had awful side affects this time around. The nausea has been and gone but now I find I can't sleep and I constantly feel unreal. Has anyone else had this and does it wear off? I'm wondering as I am feeling more anxious initially that maybe that's causing the DP rather than the pills but not sure.....

What's for you won't go by you

trac67
15-11-06, 16:01
Hiya,

I felt exactly yhe same when I went back on them, my anxiety hit the roof, i couldn't sleep and felt like I was in my own little world (mind most people say I spend half my life in my own little world anyway so nothing new there lol) it will calm down again soon. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

LickeyEndBlues
15-11-06, 16:16
Hi DG,

I started taking them for the first time about 6 weeks ago, I have previously been on venaflaxine and amitryptilene (chck sps!!)

When I first started I felt dreadful, yes anxiety was through the roof and nausea also. I would say now though they have settled a bit better in my system, I'm sleeping better when I can let myself go, the horrible thoughts are minimal and in a lot of ways i feel better in myself.

I am very aware that I need to address some underlying stuff, but I have to say I rate them better than the two previously mentioned. I'm sure others will feel differently but we are all different.

Take care DG and stick in.

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

Chopper
15-11-06, 16:33
Just gone back up to 40mg a day (from an alternate 30mg/40mg) and am feeling, well, generally worse. I've noticed the sweats have intensified as have the shakes, just can't seem to regulate my body temperature (either too hot or too cold). Really susceptible to sudden noise (I jump like a cartoon cat, claws in the artex!!) and am constantly tired [|)], yawning almost all day.

I sleep well at night, possible down to the lightbox I've been using, and guess I'm one of the lucky ones on Citalopram who do manage to get a good kip. However, I've been going to bed earlier each night for the last three weeks or so as my aggitation/anxiety has increased, daily, and soon fear it'll be a case of get up, go to work, come home, eat, sleet and so on. Not much of a life for me or the family.

I'm also itchy and 'picky', picking or scratching at imaginary spots. I've actually picked a couple of bald spots on my already shaven head where the hair doesn't grow anymore and the skin is raw.

Doesn't sound good but I do feel that Citalopram is the 'drug of choice' for me.

Happiness and light to you all,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

Chopper
16-11-06, 12:46
This increased dosage is really starting to get me down![Sigh...]

I'm constantly nauseous, can't control my body temperature (either too hot & sweating or too cold & shivering), am shaking like a leaf, really jumpy and sensitive to noise, my skin's coming out in spots which I'm continually picking at and I'm twitching like the old actor Jack Douglas did in the Carry On films!;)

Had a rough night last night, the first for a long time but have found, last night aside, that I've been sleeping longer since the clocks went back. Anyone else on Citalopram feel the same?

Happiness and light to you all,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

mushroomwirral
16-11-06, 13:18
stick with them made me a new man was on 10mg but gp wanted me take 20mg only problem they make you go to the loo first few weeks but after that ok.

piglits pal
16-11-06, 16:57
When my doseage was increased I felt so bad for the first few weeks I was convinced they weren't working. Nausea, insomnia, and the anxiety was higher than ever. Things have started to settle down now and I'm definitely sleeping better and feeling more in control of my anxiety.

Give it a bit of time.

groovygranny
18-11-06, 00:13
Chopper, try and ride this out if you can - I'm so glad I did. :)

These symptoms are really nasty I know, but it will get better. If I ever have to go back on them (as a last resort) at least I'll know what's coming!! [:P]

Take care

GG

xxx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

Daisybun
18-11-06, 23:31
I am glad I stuck with it, I am so much happier, i have found a new me.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

missacorah
20-11-06, 16:08
I have just started taking these too. I would be grateful if any of you that have taken them could tell me when you really noticed a sure difference as I am still waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel. I have been taking them for about 2 weeks, 5mg at first and just gone up to 10.

Thanks x