View Full Version : Thought I was doing well!

LunaLiuna
07-01-14, 22:05
So after being on Sertraline a week and finding a reason for some of my symptoms (Bruxism) I've been feeling a lot better, I even upped the dose today to 50mg. But somehow I've allowed one stupid thing to put me back down.

I was reading a post on here (a stressfull one to me) and decided to go back to watching tv, as soon as I did this I got a feeling of deja vu. I havent exactly been sleeping much and I'm young so could this be the reason? I haven't had them everyday. but I have had them a bit more than usual recently.

Thankyou :)

RoseEve
08-01-14, 03:40
You are doing well. Just a little setback :)

LunaLiuna
08-01-14, 10:37
Thankyou :)

MrAndy
08-01-14, 11:01
deja vu is perfectly normal ,dont worry about it

LunaLiuna
16-01-14, 14:39
Ugh, so after not having it for a couple of weeks it happens again earlier, I was talking to my nan about a crack in the ceiling and i got the feeling, my chest tightened up and I started to panic, ah :(

MrAndy
16-01-14, 14:45
Ugh, so after not having it for a couple of weeks it happens again earlier, I was talking to my nan about a crack in the ceiling and i got the feeling, my chest tightened up and I started to panic, ah :(
I get that but its because im scared my wife would want me to decorate :)
give the tabs a bit more time and these feelings will pass

LunaLiuna
16-01-14, 14:46
I'm just scared it's a seizure or something :l

MrAndy
16-01-14, 14:47
I'm just scared it's a seizure or something :l
its only normal anxiety

LunaLiuna
16-01-14, 15:05
I hope so Andy, thank you again, it seems like your single handedly getting me through today! haha :)

MrAndy
16-01-14, 15:10
I hope so Andy, thank you again, it seems like your single handedly getting me through today! haha :)
im a bit bored at work today :winks:

TooMuchToLiveFor
16-01-14, 15:30
I get dejavu, and for me-- it isn't scary at all, just very curious and intriguing.

I was dealing with quite a bit of depersonalization, but I am continuing to trust the tabs....and all of the mixed up brain stuff is becoming a thing of the past.

Hang in there and try to just roll with those things without being scared of them. You can do it!

LunaLiuna
16-01-14, 15:36
I use to find it quite interesting as well, but the last couple of times it's happened I just end up panicking, like I try and stop it from happening and then it makes my mind go all jumbled because I panic :l

MrAndy
16-01-14, 15:39
I use to find it quite interesting as well, but the last couple of times it's happened I just end up panicking, like I try and stop it from happening and then it makes my mind go all jumbled because I panic :l
have you read any claire weekes books ?

TooMuchToLiveFor
16-01-14, 15:43
Good tip, Mr.A!

I can honestly say her books gave me the most hope and understanding of my condition, and without having read her works I know I wouldn't be as far along in my path to recovery as I am now.

Fishmanpa
16-01-14, 15:49
Using TooMuch's Dragon, it's perfectly reasonable to expect him to stretch his wings after being put in the cave and it takes a while before he goes into hibernation. Even at that, there will be times he wakes up and belches a bit of fire and smoke. It's to be expected. Just keep on doing what you're doing and pouring water down his throat ;)

Positive thoughts

LunaLiuna
16-01-14, 15:53
Thanks everyone, I don't know what I'd do without your wise words :)

I've just ordered the self help book by her, it should come tomorrow :)

Andrash
16-01-14, 16:27
Deja-vu is perfectly normal, every neurologist in this world will tell you so, Dr Google of course the exception :) I get these fairly often (once in a month or two), and has been so for the last 20 years :). And yes, when I'm under stress these sensations tend to come more often.