PDA

View Full Version : Thankful

Tanner40
07-01-14, 22:12
Is the first time that I have been alone in my home, with down time in the last thirteen days. While it's been a tough couple of weeks, I am choosing to be thankful tonight.
Thankful for the following:
my three great dogs who love me unconditionally.
My 49'ers and Saints playoff victories ( sorry Fishmanpa )
My ability to set a tough boundary this evening for some self care
My job in which I was able to lose myself today
My employees, for their dedication, humor and empathy
NMP and all of the great folks on here who inspire me each day
My partner, who has been a rock these past two weeks
My warm house ( - 20 degrees outside with windchill )
Dinner that has been lovingly prepared
My willingness to continue doing the hard work for recovery
My kitten, who purrs in my ear and licks my chin

As I write this, I find that imcould go on and on. I truly am thankful, even in the midst of times that are not easy. If this post encourages one person to think of what they are thankful for, I am thankful for that as well.

TooMuchToLiveFor
07-01-14, 22:36
Beautiful, Tanner. I am so glad you are cozy and being loved on!

Tanner40
07-01-14, 22:38
Thanks Too Much. We all have so much to be thankful for. We just have to stop and recognize it.

London37
08-01-14, 00:00
Tanner, your username often pops into my head when I'm having a "moment" and I always feel more positive for it. Your positivity is much appreciated.

:hugs:

Tanner40
08-01-14, 00:28
Wow, CJ! I'm so glad that I can be of some service. Gosh only knows that helping others helps me. If I can do this, you can do this too. It's all just accepting the anxiety and daily practice on the tools. You can do this, CJ. I know you can.

Fishmanpa
08-01-14, 01:01
Great post Tanner. You're doing fantastic in light of the turmoil in your life at the moment :) Yeah, it was heartbreaking to see my Birds lose at the last second but I'm proud of them. No one expected them to have the season they did, myself included. Looking forward to next season. I'd like to see San Fran take it but I don't think they'll get there.

Positive thoughts