PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram withdrawal symptoms

xena
15-11-06, 13:22
Just wondered what sort of withdrawal symptoms you have all had when tapering off Citalopram.
I reduced the dose to 1 every other day for a week or so then more or less stopped.... since then i have had lightheadedness and occasional pain feeling on one area of my scalp like someone is pulling my hair... its all getting better though slowly.. I'm never going back on SSRI's again... When i came off Lustral once i had palpitations too.
This head sensation/pain is well strange though, always occurs when i'm moving around and it feels like the pain you get when someone pulls your hair. Its getting less and less now though thankfully

OCD and HEALTH ANXIETY SUFFERER

devon_guy
15-11-06, 13:32
It sounds like what you could be describing is head zaps. Does it feel like an electric shock in your head? I had that when I came off, it's not pleasant but it does pass.

What's for you won't go by you

xena
15-11-06, 13:44
Every now and again its just like the sensation if you pull your hair slightly and it lasts 2 secs, its not agony or anything just weird. About 4 days ago it happened loads throughout the day, now its 2-3 times if that. It never bothers me when i'm asleep or sitting down.

OCD and HEALTH ANXIETY SUFFERER

Sax
15-11-06, 14:05
I've actually experienced that sensation many times when I forget to take the meds (i'm on 40mg Citalopram) and also I get really twitchy (I joke and say i've caught tourettes but its horrible feeling) so i'm absolutely dreading having to reduce them!!!!!!
I hope the sensation wears off soon

love Sax xxx