PDA

View Full Version : Is this related!?

kellylou89
08-01-14, 04:34
Hi, i have had a swollen lymphnode / gland in my neck for year which popped up due to a bad cold (glandular fever) when i was younger and its never gone back down this no longer worries me (it did for a while) as its never grown any bigger.
But today i noticed another in my neck but its more towards the back/side rather than under my chin/side of neck like the last one .. Only it doesnt hurt if i press it which i thought they are tender if fighting infection :/ its about pea sized unlike the gland in my neck which has popped up since having this cold which is bigger but tendor
I currently have a cold which is effecting my nose throat and ears an my neck has been a bit stiff with it and wondered if this maybe why or if its more sinister :/
Its got me one edge as ive just found it and didnt think we had nodes im this area of your neck!!!!

Glitterbug73
08-01-14, 05:39
Oh my gosh, it's as if I wrote your post. In fact I have been debating about posting, even though it's the anxiety about my node(?) that brought me here. Where is yours, exactly? The thing I feel is closer to the nape of my neck than my chin, and I noticed mine one night when I was absentmindedly rubbing my neck. I have been in a state since then, believe you me.

I'm working on settling myself down, but I know it's hard. I will say that I feel fine otherwise, although I too have had a low-level head cold for a couple weeks, and been VERY stressed (partly from the anxiety LOL). I also had a little "owie" on my upper back before that, I think around Thanksgiving. So stick with me and try to breathe and work through the panic and fear. Maybe we can help each other :-)