PDA

View Full Version : Did I get electrocuted?!!

Earthmum
08-01-14, 05:59
Guys I just went to switch my sons light off in his room and the switch blew up with lights flying out of it and made a black mark on the wall, my fingers are ok but I'm now panicking was that an electric shock?
The power tripped straight away and I have to put it back on but I'm on my own and working myself up I will not google this so pls someone reassure me that I will not have a heart attack :ohmy:
Thank you

Glitterbug73
08-01-14, 06:13
Years ago when I was pregnant with my second son, I was working on a little TV and forgot to unplug it. I got a pretty good jolt up my arm and I was scared silly that I had hurt (or worse) the baby. I immediately called my doctor's office and spoke to the nurse. She assured me that everything should be fine. That baby will be 15 in April, and he's okay :-)

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

Oh, and if you have to question whether or not you got shocked, you probably didn't. :) You definitely know.

Earthmum
08-01-14, 06:19
Thank you Glitterbug!!!! Glad you and your son was ok too, you know how it is sitting here panicking thank you for replying so quickly x

Glitterbug73
08-01-14, 06:23
Oh, I do indeed understand!! I'm sure you are fine, so try to relax and get a good night's restful, peaceful sleep :-)

Earthmum
08-01-14, 06:35
:) thank you

St3v3n
08-01-14, 07:32
Hi Earthmum, I was changing a light bulb a few months back and the glass piece came out in my hand. Without thinking I plunged back in there to get the little metal thingy-not a great idea:) Got a good jolt in my arm and was pretty frightened. I agree with Glitterbug though, I think you'd definitely know it if you'd got a shock. I was naturally very anxious so called up my handy man dad. He said he'd done it quite a few times over the years and has lived to tell the tale. Get yourself of to sleep and forget about it if you can. If you have any bulbs requiring replacement I am only to willing to lend my considerable electrical incompetence, assuming you live close to Australia obviously:) take care.

Earthmum
08-01-14, 07:57
Aw thank you so much!!! but I live in Cyprus so a little far I think but thank you anyway!
You have both helped reassure me and my husband just got back from school run and is laughing at me as usual he said I will be fine, but I wish he would stop laughing at me lol
His job is to sort the electrics out today I think I'm just glad our son wasn't the one to switch his light off, have a good night Australia NP Buddies x