PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

Pet59
08-01-14, 07:01
A quick recap. Im 35, husband was killed 7 months ago in a road accident.

Shortly after his death I had a dream where I could see my own headstone on a grave and it said 19th August. I had a complete meltdown in the lead up to 19th August and on the day. Needless to say, I am still here.

I recently started beta blockers (bisoprolol) and one of the side effects is vivid dreams. Two nights ago, the night before my husbands birthday, I had a dream. He was there, we were clearing out his house with my parents and my brother and he walked out and said "I'll see you in August" or "Ill not be back until August"....I cant remember exactly what the wording was but there was a reference to August.

Now I have myself in a complete panic that something will happen to me. Driving me nuts. :(

LunaLiuna
08-01-14, 10:35
Helloo, I don't know if this will help as it's pretty vague, but I'm sure I saw someone else on here saying something about an August dream, it was on the 17th though. I wouldn't worry about it :)

50shadesofmessedup
08-01-14, 10:47
Hello, so so sorry to hear about your loss. These traumatic things can have such a negative impact on our sleep. I have nightmares about my heart all the time as that is my biggest fear. Yet none of them have come true. ;) it must be horrible to have that dream I used to have recurring dreams that I died at night leaving my then baby son crying in his crib, (at the time I was a single mum) he's nearly five now and I'm still here so I guess that dream wasn't true lol :/ quite a few of my friends are a bit argy bargy and believe in dream meanings etc, and I brought ur post up to show one of them a minute ago and she said dreams like that mean that you are on the road to accepting what has happened, and things that happen in dreams are just that... A dream! Nothing more nothing less . Hope I have been of some comfort hugs, 50

Fishmanpa
08-01-14, 12:23
Hi Pet,

I recall your post. Again, I'm truly sorry for your loss. From what I recall, you have a lot of stressors in your life on top of your husbands death. I don't recall if you have but perhaps some grief counseling would be beneficial.

It's not unusual at all to have dreams of a loved one. I've lost those dear to me. Some were more than 35 years ago and they still appear in my dreams. I dream vividly anyway and never hold that much relevance to them. Sometimes they reflect a situation or a program I was watching before falling asleep and sometimes they're just who the heck knows :) They're just dreams.

The fact that these thoughts are "driving you crazy" shows that you rationally know these are just thoughts. That's a positive. Hope you feel better.

Positive thoughts