PDA

View Full Version : petrified MS/brain tumour symptoms

mrdave92
08-01-14, 11:40
Hello, I'm new to nomorepanic but thought i would post my story in the hope that people who've suffered similar symptoms/thoughts can give me some advice and guidance.

About 8 weeks ago i began to suffer with a flu like illness. I felt very fatigued, run down and suffered from bad headaches. After visiting the local doctor I was prescribed some antibiotics and began to feel slightly better after about 2 weeks. Despite feeling better, i never fully recovered from the flu and felt run down for weeks afterwards, i tried returning to exercise but found myself exhausted very quickly and unable to do anything strenuous.

On Christmas Eve i was walking around a busy shopping centre with my mother and began to feel extremely dizzy and uneasy, so much so that i had to sit down and wait for her to do the shopping. the dizziness seemed to ease when i sat down or when i walked in a less crowded area but was concerning non the less. On Christmas Day i suffered from bad diarrhea throughout the day.

On December 27th i woke up feeling extremely dizzy with aches and pains all over my body, particularly in my fingers and the soles of my feet. I had a tight feeling across the bridge of my nose, the nose wasn't blocked it just felt very tight like someone was pinching it. I began to tingle in my hands and feet, something i haven't experienced before that was extremely concerning. I began to panic and visited my local walk in centre where i was checked out by a doctor who told me i had sinusitis and a viral infection, she prescribed me amoxycillin and sent me away. The night afterwards whilst trying to sleep a horrible feeling kept coming through my body, i would jerk awake just as i got relaxed or started to drift off. It felt like my heart had skipped a beat and a surge of adrenaline shot through me. This continued several times and affected my ability to go to sleep.

I was scheduled to travel away with friends for new year on 30th december and foolishly i went through with my plans despite feeling unwell. For the whole trip i felt extremely spaced out and not with it, preoccupied with the sensations and symptoms that i was feeling throughout my body. Shortly after departing the overnight ferry to our destination i began to feel extremely dizzy and uneasy on my feet. This dizziness caused me to panic and feel as though i was going to pass out.

Whilst we were out in a bar i began to feel an extreme sense of tingling in my hands, feet and face. This tingling was so intense and concerning that i had to get up and sit outside in the fresh air in the hope that it would ease. After returning to the hotel ,extremely concerned and worried at what was happening to me, I developed a rash on my neck. I began to panic horribly, i was told by friends to go to bed and rest for a while in the hope that it would ease off in the morning. I began to feel sick and didn't want to risk having a serious illness so i got a taxi to the medical centre and got checked out by a doctor. In the waiting room I was convinced that the doctor was going to diagnose me with something serious and i would be kept in overnight. When i was called in the doctor performed a wide range of neurological tests, testing my motor responses and reflexes, all of which were fine. She told me that neurologically I was okay and prescribed me some medication for the rash as she believed it may have been an allergic reaction to amoxicillin which i had been prescribed by the home doctor before travelling.

After my trip to the hospital i went home and went to bed, continuing to experience the horrible jolting awake feeling but eventually drifting off. i woke up with the next day with the dizziness and preoccupation with my symptoms continuing, unable to break away from the thoughts. The next night i continued to tingle in my hands and feet on and off, i went through the day feeling unwell but tried to put on a brave face. As we went to bed on the night i felt extremely anxious and awoke from my sleep rapidly on several occasions with horrible thoughts and feelings of impending doom. I experienced a horrible tremor in my foot after vomiting and became too anxious to sleep, worried about the horrible jolting feelings i experience when trying to sleep as well as my other symptoms. We went home on another 17 hour ferry the following day and my symptoms continued.

Upon returning home i felt extremely dizzy when walking around however it is hard to put it down to being ill or the rough ferry journey however the dizziness was intense and made me feel very uneasy. I sat down in the living room and a horrible feeling came over me as if i was about to pass out, it was similar to the jolt i get when relaxing but this time i was fully awake. The tightness around my nose had continued as well as the tingling and aches and pains all over. My mother noticed i was unwell and took me to hospital as i suffered a panic attack, convinced that something was severely wrong with me. I visited the doctor who again performed a series of neurological tests and asked me about my symptoms. I told him of my concerns that i was suffering from a serious illness and he told me he doubted this to be the case. He felt i was suffering from a viral infection or sinusitis as well as high anxiety and stress. I passed all the neurological tests and he prescribed me some beta blockers for anxiety.

Upon my return home i felt slightly reassured but began to develop a very nauseous feeling on the evening as well as the continued tingling feelings. The night jerks were continuing and extremely worrying to the point i dread going to sleep and struggle to get more than 8 hours rest.

My symptoms have worsened since my last visit to the doctors. For the last 3 days i have woke up feeling extremely nauseous to the point that i have actually vomited, this seems to ease after i have something to eat. The dizziness and spaced out feeling has persisted to the point that i don't feel in control of what i say/do, i feel like i am stuck in my own thoughts petrified that i have a serious illness. I have developed aches and pains all over my body ranging from twinges in my hands and arms to burning feelings on the top of my head and muscle twitches in my legs. I have received pains behind both my eyes and in my ears. The tingling feeling has moved to the back and one side of my head as well as my fingertips and feet however it comes and goes, typically staying for 10-20 minutes. My stomach gurgles loudly and squelches upon pressing on it.

The physical symptoms i'm experiencing are very real and extremely frightening. I want this to be anxiety but after researching my symptoms I have become convinced that it is not that. The tingling in my hands and feet, pain behind eyes and sleep jolting all points to it being something much more serious such as MS. I'm an absolute mess at the moment and really want to be okay. I'm sick of waking up feeling so nauseous and dizzy, unable to live in the present moment. I'm booked in to see my doctor again tomorrow to tell him everything i have been experiencing and the worsening of my condition but i know it will be passed off as anxiety again when it is something much more sinister. The way i feel is simply awful.

Does anyone have any advice on my situation? Any replies would be greatly appreciated I am currently petrified about what is happening to me.

LunaLiuna
08-01-14, 12:00
There are loads of people on here Dave who'd say the same, Most of what you've described are typical Anxiety symptoms, I've had the night jolts as I was going to sleep, many people on here have. It's because we think more before we go to sleep, and end up giving ourselves a panic attack because we experience the loss of thinking as a threat. Also a lot of people have had the morning sickness you describe, Try and distract yourself if you can, you'll notice a difference.

http://preventyourpanic.com/anxiety-symptoms-numbness-tingling < This might help as well.

mrdave92
08-01-14, 12:04
I really want it to be anxiety however i've suffered in the past and the symptoms i felt were nowhere near as severe as this. They just seem to be worsening as well. Googling symptoms was definitely the worst thing i could have done. The jolting at night is so frightening, what's more frightening is that last night it happened whilst i was winding down on my laptop and wasn't even asleep! This tied in with my other symptoms all seems to tie in with MS or something else and the fact that it's worsening just adds to my fears. I make a conscious effort to control my breathing as i know this can cause tingling but even when i'm relaxed and breathing in a controlled manner it persists.

LunaLiuna
08-01-14, 12:10
I have a fear of this type of stuff too, but it's incredibly rare. and chances are, as you've said you have had anxiety before, so it's most likely anxiety, do you know what could of started you off? I think it's normal to think things are worsening with anxiety/HA, I'd check my glands thinking they were bigger, I'd get a ruler to make sure and they were smaller!

mrdave92
08-01-14, 12:17
i've been incredibly stressed lately because of some university work that i messed up and it has been messing with my head and constantly worrying me. Having suffered from anxiety in the past however, i can't see how the way i feel can be down to anxiety alone. The dizziness, horrible thoughts, pain behind my eyes, sharp stabbing pains all over, muscle aches/twitches and horrible feelings of my heart stopping when i relax or go to sleep all indicate something very severe. The doctor's all seem reluctant to send me for an MRI as well as i pass all the neurological tests that they throw at me.

LunaLiuna
08-01-14, 12:25
There you go, I went through a period of high stress around Nov/Dec, I thought I was ill and went for blood tests, they all came back fine, so I was super surprised. I then (stupidly) googled my symptoms and found a whole host of horrible things. Including the conditions your worried about, But since then I've tried to forget about it by doing out of the ordinary things, and even found a cause for some of my symptoms that isn't so bad, and since then I've felt better and actually smiled. It does come back sometimes but it will, I find just remembering that I've had good days is good enough for me :)

mrdave92
08-01-14, 12:30
i just feel that the feelings of nausea etc. are so severe that it couldn't be anxiety. I feel like i'm losing my mind at times it's awful. I can't concentrate on anything. I'm glad to hear your situation improved. What was the cause of some of your symptoms if you don't mind me asking?

3 different doctors have told me it's anxiety now and nothing serious but i struggle to believe them. Finding stories online of people with MS who had their symptoms dismissed as anxiety and people with brain tumours who were persistently turned away just adds to my fears.

Fishmanpa
08-01-14, 12:34
Hi Dave,

As Luna is saying, your post could have been written by any number of members on the forum. Much of what you describe can be found in the "symptoms" link on the page.

If you were to post this on a brain tumor or MS forum, you would be told that your symptoms don't indicate that I'm sure. Just the fact that you're posting this on an anxiety forum shows you're aware of your anxiety. Medical professionals have given you the all clear so what does that leave?

Have you looked into CBT or therapy?

Positive thoughts

mrdave92
08-01-14, 12:38
I'm trying to do CBT and i've seen a counsellor at university but this illness seems separate from everything else. The symptoms such as tingling, pain behind eyes, jerking when relaxing are something i've never experienced in the past.

Many of the symptoms of anxiety seem to be down to incorrect breathing but what concerns me most is that even when i'm making a conscious effort to breathe correctly these symptoms persist and worsen.

I don't see how the GP's can be so sure without me undergoing some form of test like an MRI but i know if i were to get one my anxiety would be through the roof in the worry that it would show something serious.

LunaLiuna
08-01-14, 12:39
At first I started waking up with a dull type headache that'd last all day, I then would wake up with ear problems sometimes, This lead me to obviously thinking the worst, sometimes I'd even find blood in my mouth after brushing my teeth in the morning. My face would ache in different place's and I got twitches. I started to think about it more and more which made me tense up more and more I even started to have memory problems because all I'd do was sit in a chair thinking all day. This ruined my Christmas as I thought I wasn't even going to make it to December, but I made it through worrying all the way. it wasn't until a couple of nights ago my brother heard a crack and looked over to find me grinding and clenching my jaw in my sleep :)

mrdave92
08-01-14, 12:53
i feel like i am getting anxious because of my symptoms as opposed to getting symptoms because i'm anxious. they occur even when i feel relaxed. my mother called the doctors as she is concerned at my nausea and feelings of dizziness and they have advised that i go to hospital to get checked out. i really don't want to go as i have the horrible knowing feeling that something is wrong with me and waiting for test results etc. to come back will have my anxiety through the roof. i don't feel like i can cope with all this.

LunaLiuna
08-01-14, 12:59
You said you went through a period of stress, which is what I went through. this caused me to have real psychical reactions, Jaw clenching etc. but because of my Anxiety I started to worry about them and quickly forgot about the stress, this lead to a vicious cycle that's pretty hard to get out of. I'm sure your fine, I bet you just need a good nights sleep and some veg, distract yourself :)

mrdave92
08-01-14, 13:12
i have tried to eat healthier and look after myself but it hasn't worked. I can't sleep as i jerk before i fall asleep and wake up after 6 or 7 hours unable to get back to sleep feeling nauseous. These symptoms are much more severe than any anxiety related symptoms i've experienced in the past. I'm so scared of what will be discovered if the hospital does tests/gives me an MRI

LunaLiuna
08-01-14, 13:29
Dave as I've said, a lot of people have had this jerk. Typically in times of high stress and anxiety, it's totally normal, the nausea is just carrying on from that. Try to rationalise your symptoms and don't think about the jerks. You'll notice the difference.

mrdave92
08-01-14, 13:55
it's everything though. even when i feel relaxed i get twitches and pains. shooting pains down my sides. Last night as i lay down i could physically feel my tricep twitch rapidly, it was awful. then when i wake up i feel dreadful and vomit, it improves after i have some food to settle my stomach but it's still not normal. headaches as well and pulse's above my temple. The crossover with my symptoms and those of MS is very alarming

Althea
08-01-14, 14:34
But what you describe points much more strongly to anxiety than to MS (vomiting, for instance, isn't a big MS pointer). I think you're laboring under a misconception when you say that these symptoms can't be anxiety because they're so severe. Anxiety can create extremely severe symptoms--it's a warp of one of the body's strongest systems--and I've been much sicker with panic attacks than with bacterial illnesses, etc. Anxiety disorders are sometimes called "The Great Pretender" because of how much they resemble other illnesses, so it's understandable that it's confusing when you're on the recipient end.

fedup36
08-01-14, 14:46
Dave, please look at my story and past posts...
I am exactly the same... I went on a job to Japan which was really stressful and had the following symptoms... Dizziness, jolts, twitches, my head and face go numb and tingly, horrible vertigo spells, the fear that I'm about to collapse or faint, nausea, tightness and pain around my nose and eyes...

I ended up having an MRI and got the all clear so please don't worry! It's all anxiety... I still to this day think I'm about to faint or have a seizure but deep down it's all anxiety :(

Fishmanpa
08-01-14, 15:14
Dave,

Mind you, I don't suffer from anxiety. When I read a thread, I can see it quite objectively so what I'm saying is without bias to the best of my ability. I've been through serious health issues so I do know what a heart attack is like as well as oral cancer and the symptoms.

As I read through the thread and your responses, it's evident you're not in a place to accept that it's anxiety that is causing your symptoms. If you read the "Symptoms" link here on the page, you'll find just about if not all the symptoms you describe. Anxiety does cause real physical symptoms even when you're not feeling anxious. Many of the symptoms mimic serious illnesses to a degree. When your mind is in the spiral of anxiety, it's difficult if not impossible at times to rationalize.

Certainly you can go see several different doctors and get tests but from what you've said, two doctors thus far have not found anything sinister. You can trust a medical professional that sees 100's if not 1000's of real people with real issues or you can trust Dr. Google. Fact is, if I put in something as simple as "blurry eye", it will come back with brain tumor which is definitely not the case ;)

In the time I've been here on the forum, I've yet to see someone come back with what they feared the most. I've also seen some face some terrible life circumstances and fears and come out on the other side stronger and with less anxiety.

I hope things settle down for you and your stress lessens. I believe you'll find when the stimuli and stressors lessen, your symptoms will as well.

Positive thoughts

cactusjohn5
08-01-14, 20:00
Congradulations Dave, you have Health Anxiety with Panic Attacks! Same thing i have been officially diagnosed with. Your #1 clue would be that you have seen multiple doctors and they have said it was anxiety and you REFUSE to accept it, that is a tell tall sign that you have a sever case of health anxiety. I had to see my therapist 3x a week, because mine was so bad that i was unable to sleep at night i went 72 hours w/o sleep so afriad i had M/s or was going to have a heart attack.

I have ever single one of your symptoms and i have obsessed about them, i have actually seen a neurologist and he said "are you getting your anxiety treated?"

fedup and I have the exact same symptoms as you, and we do not have MS .... just anxiety. I took me 3 months and about 10 doctors to finally accept it.

Worriedwellornot
08-01-14, 20:33
Dave I used to get these myclonic jerks just before dropping off to sleep when my HA was at it worst. I even called out an ambulance and was hospitalised. It turned out just to be anxiety. Those of us withHA are far more tuned into our symptoms than others and it's a vicious cycle. I'm pretty sure you will be ok.

KLP
08-01-14, 21:13
:welcome:
Your are at the highest point of anxiety, I too have had exactly this, my symptoms stated in Oct 13 and at there highest where everything you've described. They WILL pass, my tingling has stopped, I still get a little twitches now and again. I have also had the stomach gurgling when pressed, horrible isn't it. I don't have any pain in my abdomen anymore, just think I've developed IBS because of it. The only remaining factor is my vision, which I should be getting an MRI scan. You have to tell yourself it's anxiety and the symptoms will slowly pass (only speaking from my experience). Anxiety is a sh**ter. If it helps instead of googling symptoms, YouTube relaxation and hypnotherapy links, I have found that to help relieve the symptoms. Relaxation & Good luck. Peace

mrdave92
09-01-14, 13:39
thanks for the support everyone. It's good to know i'm not alone with how i feel.

I went to see a doctor yesterday who again checked me out and told me it was just anxiety mixed in with a viral infection. My symptoms reduced upon hearing the news and i'm trying my best to accept the diagnosis and move forward with my life. i'm still experiencing headaches, eye floaters and stomach pain but i'm hoping that these will ease off over time.

I was assaulted a few months ago and although i didn't think it affected me, the doctor seems to think that it may have brought my anxiety to the fore and triggered this episode.

Allyann
09-01-14, 14:42
Came on for quick visit after a long break and was so struck by your message I had to just send a few lines.
My heart goes out to you and I recognize only too well the symptoms you describe so clearly. (You could always print out your email and take it with you to your doctor's visit if you are worried about having to rush to retell your story and are concerned you might be dismissed)

You are obviously going to see your medical person soon but two small things I've learned and can offer you after thirty years of (controlled) anxiety are these.

1.Never underestimate the power of your body to tell you when you are 'over breathing' or that your breathing is too shallow. Try charging up a hill and taking large gulps of air and you will soon experience the tingling sensation in your hands. We often over breath without realizing when we are anxious. Equally if you are in bed but all stressed out and not breathing fully and deeply enough, your body will jolt you awake. This shows your body is working well to maintain a healthy operating system.

2. Don't confuse signs with symptoms. Your story is a long chain of events that appear to you as if they all originate from one source or original cause (a serious illness). In our anxious state sometimes we understandably are unable to isolate the separate issues and how one concern gives rise to other things which in turn snowball. They are all very real but may not necessarily all mean one thing. Once anxiety gets going it can spiral and each new sign we notice can lead us to panic which leads to other signs. These signs are not the same as symptoms.

I really wish you well with your medical appointment and will check in here later to see how you are doing. You will find a friendly and supportive community here .

With all my good wishes for your better health.

Allyann

mrdave92
09-01-14, 17:02
thank you very much for the kind words and wishes it's much appreciated.

I went to see the doctor again today. he took blood pressure and checked my eyes with a light to which he said everything was fine. he said it's very, very unlikely to be something serious such as MS but with me being so anxious, him not completely ruling it out is playing on my mind. I'm scheduled for a blood test on Tuesday and booked back in to see my doctor again a week today to see how things are progressing.

It's so frustrating as last night/this morning i felt a lot better and had accepted it was anxiety, then this morning i get up and feel extremely dizzy/not with it. The symptoms seem to come before the anxiety, i feel so dizzy and have burning and cold sensations on my head. It seems to be 1 step forward and 3 steps back at the minute. The symptoms are so awful and varied i struggle not to worry it's something serious no matter what the doctors say.

Even now as i sit i feel completely exhausted despite having a good sleep & get a pain under my bellybutton on the left hand side, it hurts when i touch it and feels like a small lump. I can't see how anxiety alone can cause how i feel.

fedup36
09-01-14, 19:00
You sound just like how I was... I got the hotness on the head and the tingling the diziness the constantly feeling exhausted and its all anxiety. I saw 7 doctors when my symptoms all first started and everyone of them said anxiety... I couldn't accept it and pushed to see an ENT who sent me for an mri, surprise surprise it was clear...

Even now I am sat here and I get waves of dizziness come over me and I have got to the point of feeling s frustrated of letting this ruin my life.. All I can say is tackle it now and try to get some CBT...

I hope this helps :)

mrdave92
09-01-14, 19:03
thanks. I'm sorry to hear you still suffer with the dizziness. Are there any CBT resources you would recommend?

It's so frustrating how the anxiety can strike you down even when you're starting to feel better. I have IBS and it's flared up really badly causing pain and tenderness in my lower abdomen and loud gurgling noises in my stomach. I also have pain inside my ear now and again and a headache. It's so frustating, i'd give anything to feel normal again.

Fishmanpa
09-01-14, 19:12
There's a free CBT course offered here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131665

There are several members who have had success with it and I personally have found it to be quite useful. It's work, but anything worth having takes some work ;)

Positive thoughts

mrdave92
09-01-14, 20:07
thank you.

it's so frustrating how all day i make a conscious effort to focus on my breathing but i still get all the horrible symptoms and sensations. it just tricks me into thinking it's something severe.

i'm quite fearful about going back to university feeling as anxious as i do as few people understand the condition and the way it makes you think/feel. I still can't believe just how real the pains and symptoms are. I've upped my dosage of beta blockers upon the advice of the doctor and hope to see improvements however he feels i may need stronger medication in the future.

chl_hobbs
09-01-14, 20:38
Mrdave92, have you ever been on, or are taking any benzodiazepines? Like lorazepam? diazepam etc?
I was and have a lot of these symptoms too x

mrdave92
09-01-14, 20:40
Mrdave92, have you ever been on, or are taking any benzodiazepines? Like lorazepam? diazepam etc?
I was and have a lot of these symptoms too x

no i haven't. I have only really taken beta blockers. i've tried to avoid medication in the past but it's at the point now where i need some extra help.

JITTERBUG1
09-01-14, 22:38
I have been suffering from anxiety for 12 years now. I have had all your symptoms on numerous occasions during high anxiety. It usually settled after about three weeks. It is not just your breathing that causes your symptoms. A lot is from muscle tension and subconscious thoughts. It is a circle. You worry, you get anxiety symptoms, you worry about anxiety symptoms, your symptoms get worse, you panic. Your whole body starts misfiring signals. With me I become almost totally debilitated. My coworkers took turns spending a couple hours at home with me a day trying to keep me calm. You will get better just relax and try doing a puzzle or something that takes all your concentration.

mrdave92
09-01-14, 23:44
it's crazy. i still struggle to understand how anxiety can create all my symptoms such as stabbing pains all over my body, tingling, burning head, headaches, dizziness etc. it's really frightening. today for example i seemed to get the symptoms before i even started worrying, i'd accepted it was anxiety but the symptoms make me doubt it.

do you have any advice on potential medications or coping techniques. i plan to go to the gym tomorrow but i'm on beta blockers and i'm concerned it may cause problems.

LunaLiuna
09-01-14, 23:54
I'm 10 days into Sertaline which has made me feel a little better, I find just doing things that I use to do makes me cope and even totally forget about my symptoms. Walks are always good :)

Freaked
09-01-14, 23:57
It could just be anxiety, but have you ever heard of POTS? I ask because it comes on post-virally often and causes extreme dizziness or fainting when walking, nausea, all your other stuff. Just what you were saying about remaining very fatigued and unwell after the illness was exactly what happened to me when I first got sick. It's not life-threatening, so don't worry, but a lot of docs don't know about it so maybe check it out. The diagnostic test is just having your blood pressure and heart rate monitored while standing for 40 minutes.

JITTERBUG1
10-01-14, 00:07
I have a fear of medications. My doctor did prescribe me Xanax in the past and I did take it when I was really desperate. It helped if I was having an attack. I took Paxil Cr years ago and after about 6 months I started doing pretty well. I had to go off paxil when I became pregnant and the withdrawal symptoms were scary. I was on a low dose, but when I went completely off I started getting terrible brain zaps. I now take a low dose of Zoloft. I don't think it does a thing. My dr. also prescribed beta blockers before, but after reading potential side effects I wouldn't take it. The longer I have my anxiety condition the more things I find that trigger it. I get nervous taking medications, eating new foods etc. I think I am afraid of anything that might cause my body to have a strange sensation because I tend to panic over any unusual twitch or burning sensation.
When I would suffer from high anxiety for a few days some times I would get the feeling that my head was full of Ice water, some time I felt like someone poured hot water down the side of my face. Some times I would shake uncontrollably while being cold even when it was warm out. Sometimes my feet would be on fire and my hands would get sharp prickling sensations. I hope you lean to manage your anxiety. I get so depressed over mine. I just want to feel normal and live again.

mrdave92
10-01-14, 00:27
It could just be anxiety, but have you ever heard of POTS? I ask because it comes on post-virally often and causes extreme dizziness or fainting when walking, nausea, all your other stuff. Just what you were saying about remaining very fatigued and unwell after the illness was exactly what happened to me when I first got sick. It's not life-threatening, so don't worry, but a lot of docs don't know about it so maybe check it out. The diagnostic test is just having your blood pressure and heart rate monitored while standing for 40 minutes.

i don't think it's POTS and don't really want another illness to worry about or start googling. The doctor checked my hear rate and blood pressure sat down then did it when i was stood up and said that everything seemed normal. My blood pressure slightly dropped when i stood up which he said was normal as well.

One sensation which i get is that when i lie down to relax i get a horrible feeling in my brain like i want to move and my body has to fight against it. It feels like an internal battle between my body and my brain wanting to make my body jolt or move, it's a bizarre feeling that i find very difficult to put into words but it makes me very concerned.

Fishmanpa
10-01-14, 01:09
The other day I tried a little experiment just for the heck of it. I sat down in my comfy recliner, put my feet up and closed my eyes. I intentionally began to focus on various aspects of my body.... My breathing, my heart beating and feeling the blood coursing through my veins etc.

Guess what? I could actually feel and hear all sorts of things that I never felt or heard before. Maybe I did but I just don't pay attention to it.

With anxiety/HA, you're hyper focused on every little aspect of your body. Due to anxiety, your body and mind are on high alert so every little niggle and even absolutely normal bodily functions send you into panic overdrive. Add to that the doubting and cycle of fear that refuses to leave your mind and you have the essence of what HA does to you.

The bottom line is you're not suffering from a deadly disease or condition. You are however, suffering form a serious illness called anxiety. It causes real physical symptoms coupled with mental anguish. I don't understand how you cannot find it in yourself to accept this fact. After all, you're posting this on an anxiety website!! Treat the anxiety and you treat everything else as well.

Positive thoughts

mrdave92
10-01-14, 01:13
it's so strange, every sensation is magnified. i feel like i see things in the corner of my eye.

the feeling when i lay still is awful, when i keep my head still or lay still it's almost an adrenaline rush from my head that goes through my body and i actually find it difficult to fight against the sensation and stay still. it's really worrying, i haven't really seen anyone on here describe a similar sensation. it's hard to put it into words.

i'm trying my best to accept it's anxiety but the horrible feelings, pains and sensations make it difficult and even when i accept it's anxiety it doesn't change the way i feel.

JITTERBUG1
10-01-14, 02:12
I have felt those same feelings and its easy for me to tell you its just anxiety, but I do know that when I am having them I am freaked out and sure I am about to have a stroke or and aneurism or my heart will stop. Guess what? I am still here. Maybe you could get someone to rub your neck and shoulders while you lay down. That helps me. I like to have them talk to me while they do it. Have them talk about something that has nothing to do about your anxiety. If you live with your Mom, I am sure she would do it.

mrdave92
10-01-14, 11:39
i've woke up today feeling very sick, dizzy and with a burning forehead. I'm trying my best to accept this is anxiety but it's very difficult.