PDA

View Full Version : Exercising

Cammy
08-01-14, 14:57
Hey, I have started going to the gym recently and I'm mainly doing cardio just to shape up and feel good. I have a fear of dying and I think I have something wrong with my heart. I do about 40 minutes running and sometimes I get a slight pain in my chest - I'm unsure if this is caused by anxiety or not? I done an ECG about 6 months ago which came back clear. Do you think if I genuinely had a problem with my heart would I have felt real pain while running or have dropped dead? Just so I know to keep going :)

Fishmanpa
08-01-14, 15:23
Do you think if I genuinely had a problem with my heart would I have felt real pain while running or have dropped dead? Just so I know to keep going :)

You're what? 19 years old? Logically Cam.... what's the answer to that question?

Positive thoughts

Cammy
08-01-14, 16:41
Yeah I agree I'm young but chest pains are chest pains and I don want to pass them off. I'm away out for a run to see what happens!

jill
08-01-14, 17:27
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I did the gym for a long time. Its great for the mind as well as the body.

It sounds like you have a stitch, hun, 40 mins, sounds like to much, when you start you should build up your fitness levels.

I don't feel its your anxiety, its your bodys way of saying, "oh PLEASE build up little at a time"

Knock your time down and build the running time up, as your fitness levels rise, you will be able to run more and go longer.

Its only because your not used to running.

GOOD LUCK with the gym hun :yesyes:

Oh I love the gym, but want to spend my money on other things, eg, going on holiday LOL :roflmao::yesyes:
XX
TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL

cactusjohn5
08-01-14, 19:51
can you describe the "chest pain"?

Cammy
08-01-14, 22:20
Hi, just back from the gym and I managed 40 mins non stop running I was quite impressed. The pains are just like a dull pain in my chest I think it's anxiety and the fact I'm gettin back into gym mode. I know I'm fine, but I can't help but worry x

cactusjohn5
09-01-14, 01:04
If you press on your chest does it hurt the muscle/ribs? If so then you are going to be fine, you can not "feel" pain if it is an organ.

jared
09-01-14, 08:36
I get that too. Freaks you out, huh. I chalk it up to costochondritis and anxiety and I flammation. Whatever. We're both young, we got time to enjoy life.