PDA

View Full Version : Colon Cancer Symptoms Update

clover1201
08-01-14, 23:21
Hi Guys

Firstly, im no closer to knowing if I have colon cancer yet but wanted to update you as to where I am. I have an ultrasound for next Thursday booked and today i have received my reference code to phone for my gastro appointment, so that should be next week too.
So now for my symptoms. Firstly im out of bed (yipee!!) as that was making me feel so bad, im still tired but the debilitating fatigue has slowly disappeared. The bleeding in my stool has slowed down alot and there are some times i dont even think there is blood, definitely not to the degree there was (which is a bonus) and my weight has stabilised (probably because ive got some appetite back).
The lump is still there and still solid, its still worrying me but I spoke with my manager today who was a GI nurse for 20 years and she said that a lump doesnt mean cancer automatically. Her partner has chrons and he has a 10cm polyp that is still benign and that they are not worried about. She said that the only way that they will be able to know for sure is by having a look. She tried to reassure me that colon caner at my age is very rare and that i just have to see it through. She did also say that bloods are not a good indicator at all for colon cancer so whilst its good that they are ok, it doesn't mean anything either way.
So to sum up, I feel better that I did. Im still very afraid. I still spend almost every min of every day thinking about it and start getting silly about it spreading every time i get a pain in my chest or cough or get achy sides (which i have had for a while and which my manager said will be related to the bowel) but again, im much better than i was and if this was the big C then i would rationalise that i would be feeling worse, not better!
Will update you again after initial appointments.

Althea
08-01-14, 23:47
Wow, clover, it sounds like you're really negotiating this well. Well done to you! And I'm so glad you're feeling a bit more energetic as well, which I'm sure helps. Hopefully next week will give you some more specific focus, but you sound a thousand miles from where you were, and that's great to hear.

jbarker1983
09-01-14, 01:12
Awesome glad to hear this I'm in this situation right now going in for a colonoscopy tomorrow and scared to find out what they might find hoping a cancer diagnosis isn't waiting good luck to you

Cags48
09-01-14, 11:55
I haven't even been able to get myself to go for colonoscopy I'm to scared .....good luck

rebeccad
09-01-14, 13:11
Hey I'll be thinking about you and checking back to see how you got ok , make sure you update WHEN you get the good news xx

paul80
10-01-14, 14:58
Glad things are moving in the right direction Clover. Good luck!

clover1201
10-01-14, 20:57
Struggling today, this lump is massive, it must be serious. I feel like an idiot cause its been there for a while and i just wish id paid more attention to it, i just thought my side was bulkier because of muscle. If its something terrible i will be awful. How do i tell my daughter and the thought of my pitted boys growing up without me kills me :'(

rebeccad
10-01-14, 22:01
Could it be a hernia ? X

jbarker1983
11-01-14, 01:05
I to just went through similar circumstances on a lump I could see but blood in my stool etc for years to scared to get checked finally did and it was what she called a juvenile polyp and it was removed so I should be good

clover1201
11-01-14, 09:41
its way to big for a hernia sadly. It starts by my belly button but to the right of it and goes all the way up under my ribs. Its want it cut out of me! Thanks guys :-)