PDA

View Full Version : New baby

snoopy
15-11-06, 16:22
Hi all,

She's here at last, we had a little girl Sunday morning, 4.00am. My anixiety got the beter of me though and the birth didn"t go how i wanted it to. But she's safe and perfect and beautiful which is the main thing.

Had the heart thing (eptopics) most of the time while we were in the hospital and they have been worse since we got back. Ok we had a very stressful time before and during the birth, but it all turned out so well in the end. I really thought i was getting on top of them. Now I'm not breathing propbally again. Can any one tell me that once you experence this heart awareness are you stuck with it? FOREVER! Does medication work and get rid of them? Because i really think that when i stop B/ Feeding, I am going to have to go on something just to cope with them i get them every day, all day on a bad day. from the minite i open my eyes. And have done for a year now. Had all the checks, which have all been normal.

Will i ever be the same again? Has any one out there got rid of them... and how?

Just feel so desprite again. Which is not ideal when i've got a new born to tend too...

Will they ever go away?

Snoopy x

chillx
15-11-06, 17:01
HI

Congratulations on the birth of your baby daughter. Just enjoy every minute. I had palpitations/ missed heart beats last year and was put on beta blockers which helped. Try and enjoy your baby and ignore them and they will slowly go away. That is what happened to me.

chillx

vix100
15-11-06, 17:11
Hi there. I'm new here so don't know your previous probs with anxiety etc but a huge congratulations on the birth of your daughter. I had palpitations when i was pregnant. I now get them when things are getting on top of me or if I'm sickening for something. In the last few years they have become less and less frequent but do still get them sometimes and i know how horrible it can be.

So, possibly it could be because pregnancy and birth are very draining and anxiety ridden (especially for people prone to anxiety) and hopefully when you start getting some sleep and things settle down a bit it might slowly get a bit better. After i gave birth i was an emotional mess so just try and understand that it is normal as your hormones or whatever are up the creek and you are tired and hopefully you'll start feeling better soon.

Big hug to you and enjoy your precious little girl x

domino
15-11-06, 17:18
hI AND CONGRATULATIONS. i do,nt suffer like you, but focus on you new born baby, they take up alot of your time and energy, is this your first child? and what did you name her?

angie3077
15-11-06, 20:18
Hey Snoopy, congratulations and a big well done on the birth of your daughter!

I am pregnant too and I suffer really badly with the funky ectopics! I am very worried how it will effect labour so it is reassuring to hear you and baby are well, thanks.
I think we will always be over aware of whats going on with our bodies (because of our heightened state of anxiety all the time) so until we realise these beats are not going to harm us and believe that, we will probably continue to have them and be terrified of them, hard I know.

Hopefully baby will be keeping you very occupied now and you wont have time to think about it, I find I always have less when I am doing something. Let us know how everything is going.

Angie x

kazzie
15-11-06, 20:32
CONGRATULATIONS SNOOPY:D:D:D:D:D:D

YOU MUST BE SO PROUD!!!

KAZ X

honeybee3939
15-11-06, 20:40
Aww Snoopy,

A New Baby !! Many Congratulations to you.

Im sure things will get better for you Snoopy, Having a baby plays havoc with your body and hormones, but after a week or so im sure you will start to feel better,

Sending you a HUG and one for baby too !!

love

Andrea
xxx

snoopy
15-11-06, 21:41
Thankyou so much every one. you are all so kind here,

She is beautiful, i love being a new mum. I am enjoying her so much. And making the most of her as she will be the last one and will grow so quick. The eptopics( are they the same as palps?) did not affect the labour or deliverly at all, so don't worry at all about that, they were just very annoying to have on such a day. I'ts funny as they don't scare me any more, but they still present themsleves every day. I would have the headaches back any day instead.

We named her Tierney Paige and she is our third daughter, we have a son too. It all started last October after a miscarriage, but before then i had constant headaches which began when our son was four months old, he's now two. They just disapeared one day, just after getting pregnant. Just hoping the palps will do too one day. Recently read dr Claire weeks. Think i did have a breakdown after losing the baby. And haven't felt the same since. Went on medications, but had to come off them because of the pregnancy.

Going to see Doc tomorrow about CBT. Does it work?
I have become such a worrier since having children. And have scary negitive thoughts.

snoopy X

groovygranny
15-11-06, 21:52
Oh a baybeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! What joy!! [:P]

Congratulations to you and your family snoopy! Sounds like they are very fortunate to have someone like you!

Hope your ectopics get sorted sooner rather than later.

lots of granny love

GG

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

yorkylover
15-11-06, 23:41
((((((((((((((CONGRATULATIONS SNOOPY))))))))))))))):D:D:D:D

Ellen XX

trac67
16-11-06, 10:07
Congratulations on your new daughter and what beautiful names you have given her.

CBT can be really good, I had it for health anxiety and it really helped me.

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'