PDA

View Full Version : Just a moment of relief!!

illgetthere
09-01-14, 00:02
Do you ever get this probably 3-4-5 minute of peace with your mind where you think I can do this your being stupid everything is going to be good I had it earlier when I got in the bath then I pictured my little boy and I thought why can't I picture him when he's a little bigger is it because I won't be here then tbe snowball starts I like the moments of peace I get with myself there nice ain't they?

RoseEve
09-01-14, 01:07
Yes. That's the thing about anxiety is that we know our fears are totally out of proportion. We are intelligent people and deep down we know our fears are unfounded. We just need to change how we deal with stress and change our pattern of thinking.

Fishmanpa
09-01-14, 01:29
We just need to change how we deal with stress and change our pattern of thinking.

That's what CBT is about. It seeks to help you change the way you think about things by using a very systematic logical approach to emotional reactions. It just "makes sense" and helps you make sense and rationalize as opposed to letting your emotions totally control you. At least that's what I've been getting from it.

Positive thoughts

anxious_thoughts
09-01-14, 02:31
Absolutely love those moments. Wish us anxiety sufferers had more of them. We really deserve it.

St3v3n
09-01-14, 03:46
Like a little period of peace and stability were everything seems like it will be okay. I usually get them when I'm with my kids; feels like a little moment of clarity for me, then a " what if " will appear from nowhere. My mind is programmed (kindly enough by me) to explore every nook and cranny of that "what if" while only serving to distance me from what's really worth my attentions. Encouraging in some ways though as we just have to learn to stretch those moments out or better still stop exploring random thoughts/feelings and sensations that don't really need our attention:)