PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack Lightheadedness

watapale
09-01-14, 00:51
Hi I have been an anxiety sufferer for the past 8 years, mostly health anxiety assuming I had cancer or some other life threatening illness. When it was most doubtfully nothing of that sort, I started going to CBT therapy sessions, for those who dont know what CBT is , its Congestive Behavioral Therapy which I found to be beneficial. Apart from the occasional worry when I did have an ache or pain, I was generally panic attack free. But that all changed in July 2013 when I came down with a bout if gastroenteritis, I was out of work for a week I will spare you the details. But it was like water, that subsided after 4 days and I was able to return to work the following week, but I still seemed to have this pain that wouldn't go away in my lower bowel region, fast forward nearly 6 months later and over 35 hospital visits convinced I had bowel cancer I had a colonoscopy, of which nothing sinister was found. I know I had been under alot of stress with work and a broken relationship, to the the point I had to hand my notice. So I concluded in was the stress that triggered my anxiety, which in affect made me believe I had a life threatening illness. It was a great start to the new year, and I felt refreshed about life and happy again, until Saturday night I had a friend over at my place they had some skunk a strong form of marijuana. I don't know why and if I could turn back the hand of time I would, but being so stupid and curious I decided to smoke some. I rolled a tiny amount with some tobacco. And we shared it, initially I felt nothing and wondered what all the fuss was about. We went back into the house about half hour later time was moving so slow, Minutes felt like hours I couldnt focus properly, i was forgetful, extremely lightheaded. Extremely paranoid terrified I was going mad! I have never been so scared in my life. I was pacing up and down, the effects seemed to get worse and worse I went In to full panic mode. So I called the non emergency hot line for advice I told them what I had done, he asked me to count my pulse which was racing so they said they will send an ambulance, it was as if my world had just collapsed in front of me, I wanted to run I wanted to turn back time and throw the joint away, I wanted to sit in a corner a cry. The ambulance finally came, I felt ashamed but I was still terrified, I kept asking them if I was making sense, how time feels really really slow they checked my pulse, blood pressure which were both fine. So we got to the hospital I was still feeling very paranoid and not myself but after half an hour or so of pacing I decided to go back home and sleep it off. My friend who had also smoked was no where near as affected as me, I know peoples tolerances are different but he had only tried it twice before, and also 3 other people had also smoked it and they were fine it was just me. So after arriving back home and having numerous panic attacks I fell asleep, the next day I felt woozy but not anything as bad as the night before. Over the next few days I got better, but my main concern is this Lightheadedness feeling that i have that I'am terrified is now permanent and that smoking that crap may have somehow damaged my brain or nerve endings for ever is this possible?? I'm full of pity and so regretful I was so so stupid and I wish I never ever smoked it, as 25 year old man I should of known better! This happened late Saturday night. just to add a bit more detail about this lightheaded feeling, it feels like I'am extremely spaced out, sometimes I feel as though i have some pressure around my head, i feel a bit confused like brain fog and my responses seem slower, and my memory doesn't seem as sharp

kahi35
09-01-14, 01:26
hi this happened to me in the pasted but eat it in cookie form. ambulance was called bp and heart rate was high. I thought I was gonna die that was the worse panic attack I ever had. could not stop shaking. had the same feeling after dizzy. that will stay with you for a while especially with constant worry and panic attacks. due to chemical imbalance in brain. I also see CBT yesterday was my second session cant see its helping me my biggest thing is getting over being afraid of taking blood pressure at the docs office. well hope things get better if you need to talk more PM me. im up bing its stil 3:26pm

mandie
10-01-14, 01:17
This has happened to me also. About 7 years ago my friend gave me some in a cake. I had never had it before, and after about 15 mins of taking it I had to go lie down. I was shaking from head to toe, dizzy, freezing and felt so weird and out of it. I thought I was going to die, I had never felt like that in my life. It was the longest nite of my life. I felt like that for about 6 hours. I was scared to move.

I don't just think it was just the marijuana that made me that way, before I took it, I was scared, I think I had worked myself up into a state and the minute I ate the cake, I started to panic. I didn't eat much either so im thinking it was a massive panic attack rather than the effects of the weed.

I get spaced out a lot with my anxiety and the past few days have had awful head pressure

mandie

watapale
11-01-14, 00:09
Really do appreciate your response, yes its also been pretty bad here for me same head pressure and spaced out feeling do you take any meds or any remedies?

Walkers
12-01-14, 00:40
I have lightheadedness from panic attacks with no weed involved so id say normal

mandie
12-01-14, 12:16
I am on 10mg citalopram, but i get same feelings with or without meds.

mandie x