PDA

View Full Version : Prickly skin

IrishLondon
09-01-14, 01:11
Hey guys...Anyone at all have a prickly feeling all over their body? Like pins sticking in your skin? It moves all over my body and have had it for a few weeks now. I also seem to get very hot easily. Could this be anxiety?

Thanks
Conor

Fly away Katie
09-01-14, 02:49
Yes!!! This is definitely anxiety. I get this horrible sensation as well. I always get it at work and then get really warm because it freaks me out!!

Nothing to worry about though xxxxx

kahi35
09-01-14, 02:53
yup me too

bab
09-01-14, 10:15
I get it too

Bigdale82
09-01-14, 17:32
I do too get very hot quickly have done for a few months went to docs and they said just another symptom of anxiety

IrishLondon
09-01-14, 21:42
Thanks so much for replying everyone. I'm sorry you also have this symptom but it's good to know I'm not alone in this. Visited the docs this morning. She too thinks its anxiety but did a thyroid test just to be sure. I normally feel it most in the morning when I'm rushing to get into work or when I've got time to myself to overthink things. So it all makes sense that it's anxiety.

Have just been out for a run so hoping starting some exercise will help these symptoms

Thanks again. Makes all the difference to know there's others out there!!

jill
09-01-14, 23:26
Hi hun :D

This explanation might help you understand a little more....

Anxiety can cause some symptoms like this, due to the nervous system. The nervous system is a very large complex network of electrically charged nerves which are found in every square centimeter of your body, around every organ, muscle and across your skin, the largest organ in the body. Abnormal nerve impulses due to anxiety can cause a vast array of strange sensations; although quite harmless these can be very disturbing.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX

IrishLondon
16-01-14, 13:08
Thank you Jill and everyone for your replies.

God, today this is really driving me mad. I went to the doctor and she thinks its anxiety coupled with dry skin. But i've been covering myself in moisturising cream all week and using really gentle shower gel. And still no difference. She took some blood tests, but she thinks it will be all clear.

She says that anxiety could make simple dry skin feel really terrible. But it literally feels like my skin is burning today - and it's so uncomfortable to put clothes on in the morning. So distracting, it's all I can think about.

Just glad i can come here. I'm sitting in work at the moment and if I told anyone this they'd think i was crazy!!