PDA

View Full Version : Gout

kahi35
09-01-14, 06:28
im worried that I may have gout. rt ankle swell up for no reason. I really pray I don't have this. I have to see my doctor for my hand but gonna have him check my leg.

Fishmanpa
09-01-14, 11:50
im worried that I may have gout. rt ankle swell up for no reason. I really pray I don't have this. I have to see my doctor for my hand but gonna have him check my leg.

One of the side effects from chemo for me is gout. Believe me, if you had it you would have no doubt. It's not just swelling but pain in the 7-9 out of ten range. It would be in a joint, most commonly the big toe. I've gotten it there and in my knee and I've been practically unable to walk. I've had 4 attacks in the last 8 months. The joint will swell and turn red too. Unless you're in nearly unbearable pain, I don't think it's gout.

Positive thoughts

Rennie1989
09-01-14, 12:10
Basically what Fishmanpa said. I used to be a carer and one of my residents had gout. It affected her big toe, like most cases I believe, and she was in absolute agony. From the people who I've spoken to who have experienced gout they all said it was pain that was unbearable rather than the swelling.

Do get the doctor to check out the swelling, just to put your mind at rest.

kahi35
10-01-14, 06:40
thanks for your replies. yes got it checked its a ligament inflammation.

codyedwardwilliams
28-01-15, 10:45
A healthy gout diet plus a healthy lifestyle will help you minimize gout pain and attacks. Following a low purine diet might also help you to manage your uric acid levels. Stay healthy gout sufferers!