PDA

View Full Version : Breathing Problems..

xJust_Sarahx
09-01-14, 14:08
Hi
Years of suffering with this and having my chest listened to and told is ok and oxygen levels and what not, im still struggling to breathe on a daily basis, no matter what i do i cant breathe properly, just walking slowly, hoovering, anything. Im so breathless easily, i have to walk up the steps step by step. I feel so weak and like im dying from a disease. Im 26 and never smoked. I hate been left alone, i feel scared so easy. All this is anxiety? I find that hard to believe. I even have nightmares that im drowing and getting strangled and stuff. I am wondering if anyone else struggles with there breathing and how it feels for them?

potato11
09-01-14, 15:12
Hi

The majority of my anxiety is focussed on my breathing. I know where you're coming from, sometimes even sitting down can be a struggle! and on occasions it also affects my ability to speak in full sentences which really scares me

When you breathe in, instead of just trying to make your stomach rise, instead imagine you've got a rubber ring just above your bellybutton - and you are trying to push it out away from both the front AND the back. Iv found this helps release the tension in the breathing muscles.

Have you been cleared of problems such as anaemia and low b12/ vitamin D levels by your GP?

BeckyBop
09-01-14, 17:09
Hey Sarah you just perfectly described how I feel! I am currently alone at the moment with my 13 year old sister and that makes me real anxious aswell! Happens anytime anywhere and I to have managed to convince myself something is wrong with me and that im going to die. Have you notice though if you are distracted it goes away? Breathing is my biggest problem with anxiety too x

Fishmanpa
09-01-14, 17:38
Hi
Years of suffering with this and having my chest listened to and told is ok and oxygen levels and what not, im still struggling to breathe on a daily basis, no matter what i do i cant breathe properly, just walking slowly, hoovering, anything. Im so breathless easily, i have to walk up the steps step by step. I feel so weak and like im dying from a disease. Im 26 and never smoked. I hate been left alone, i feel scared so easy. All this is anxiety? I find that hard to believe. I even have nightmares that im drowing and getting strangled and stuff. I am wondering if anyone else struggles with there breathing and how it feels for them?

Hi sarah,

In my research on HA and anxiety, I came across your videos on YouTube and watched them as well as read through many of your previous posts. While I'm not a medical professional, based on what I've read on posts and the videos I'd have to say that indeed it's anxiety/mental. When the medical profession cannot find a physiological reason, where does that leave you?

I hope you find ways to treat your situation and alleviate the issues they cause you.

Positive thoughts