PDA

View Full Version : Would we know

scrumking
09-01-14, 15:11
As HA sufferers who get told all the time things like "it's all in your head" and "it's just your anxiety" would we actually know if we were in serious medical distress?

For example would we know if:

We were having an actual heart attack
If our throat was really closing
If we weren't getting enough oxygen

james_grimble
09-01-14, 15:29
well everyone thats had a heart attack and a panic attack claim they knew it was a heart attack from the very first second they felt the pain and it was nothing like thery had ever experienced.

If you were having a heart attack, i doubt you would be coming on to a forum to ask, you would be dialling 999 as quick as you could.

LunaLiuna
09-01-14, 15:31
This is a question I ask myself everyday, all it does is confuse me even more.

Fishmanpa
09-01-14, 15:35
As HA sufferers who get told all the time things like "it's all in your head" and "it's just your anxiety" would we actually know if we were in serious medical distress?

For example would we know if:

We were having an actual heart attack
I know many get chest pains but having had 2 heart attacks, you would definitely know! The pain is just well.... "different" and VERY intense. It's not an ache or sharp pain under a rib or anything like what's been described here. I can tell you I just "knew" it was serious... a gut feeling besides the pain. I also had pain radiating down my left arm from my armpit that was so bad I couldn't use my arm. And as it's been been said, you wouldn't be here asking about it!

If our throat was really closing
If you didn't know, that fact that you were holding your hands to your throat and turning blue would be an indication to those around you ;)

If we weren't getting enough oxygen
See previous answer

Positive thoughts