PDA

View Full Version : Had my ATOS medical today what do I do now? Please help

agneskrob
09-01-14, 15:54
Had my ATOS medical today. To be honest have no idea how it really went as I was in such a state could barely answer the questions properly and am very worried that I didn't get my point across very well. So I am expecting to fail :weep: as it seems from what I read on here and all over the web most people do fail and I don't think I answered the questions correctly. I could only say how I felt but it was over so quickly I don't think I said enough.

To try and prepare for the fail can anyone tell me how the new appeal procedure works? It seems that something has changed since October last year but I'm not really sure what or how it all works. Is there anything I can start doing now or do I have to wait until the decision? Would it be worth me calling the DWP in a few weeks to see if they have decided anything or do I have to wait for them to contact me? I'm just terrified that they will stop my benefits before they let me know and give me a chance to start doing anything. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. I'm terrified of losing my benefit as I am really not in a fit state to go to JSA and have to go to work interviews or whatever they ask of me.

Thanks for your help, Agnes

Annie0904
09-01-14, 21:49
There is nothing you can do until you hear from them. I don't think mine took too long. I didn't fail mine so maybe you won't either xx

Corona89
10-01-14, 02:10
It doesn't matter how you answer the questions, they are designed to be vague so they can interpret it how they likes. Don't worry about it till you hear from them.

About the appeal, you first have to go through a mandatory reconsideration but they will most likely agree with ATOS.

I had mine's for my spine problems.. also told them about my depression but that wasn't the main reason i was off work. I got 0 points.. but the report was terrible. So many things the examiner missed out or didn't go into enough detail.. also told blatant lies, said my spinal curves were normal even though she never looked at my back, said i couldn't be depressed because i got the train by myself to the assessment! Also it only lasted 18 minutes which is no where near enough time to evaliuate someone.

When you receive you're letter and your not happy with it, send a complaint to ATOS stating everything you are unhappy with. They got back to me after i emailed them and confirmed the report was not up to standards or the assessment. They passed this information on to the decision maker so awaiting to see what they say.

flossie
11-01-14, 18:23
20 minutes is the allotted time for the atos medical. My decision was WRAG. I wanted to appeal and was unable to get through to CAB over the phone so wrote a letter briefly outlining the help I would like and my sister put it through their door for me. A couple of days later they called me offering help with my appeal. A lady from Legal Aid visited me at home and handled the whole thing for me. I received a letter putting me in the Support Group within a few weeks.

Rls1994
16-01-14, 01:17
If you do fail it, then you can appeal. That's what my father did when he failed his. Most appeals win as far as I know.

Have you heard anything back from them yet, by the way?