PDA

View Full Version : Doctor wants to see me - help!

JaneS
09-01-14, 17:24
Just phoned up for the results of my annual kidney function and thyroid tests, I have kidneys that have suffered damage in the past - all stable now though and am on thyroxine for an underactive thyroid. My tests have been fine for years and indeed the blood tests have all come back normal, full blood count and thyroid etc all normal but the Doc wants to see me about my urine test result. I have got an appointment for 9.15 in the morning but am panicking so much and now starting to shake. I am so terrified it is going to be something serious. I have been on citalopram for the last few months and am wondering if this might have had an effect on the test - does anyone know if it can??

LunaLiuna
09-01-14, 17:37
Medication will come out through the urine, so it could be that. I'm no doctor though :)

paul80
10-01-14, 14:55
Hi Jane. There are so many reasons why your doctor might want to see you again, perhaps you have a slight infection that is symptomless? The fact that your blood tests were fine suggests that it's nothing serious. Try not to focus on the worst possible outcome (as I am prone to do!) if you can. Good luck!