PDA

View Full Version : Agitation with anxiety?

Bonnibelle
09-01-14, 17:34
Is it normal to have moments where you suddenly feel agitated? I know it hits when I'm anxious, not every time, I can go weaks without feeling it. But when it hits I feel a tight throat, feel adrenaline in arms and legs and my head goes on high alert and I guess I have intrusive thoughts that I may lash out? My head just feels on high alert and I see myself screaming or lashing out. Which makes me nervous if I'm home with the children.

My gp said its a build up of adrenaline and it had no release, hence the head feeling on high alert.

I know I add fear to this symptom which makes it worse, as I fear it so much as I I hate the feeling in my head that I get.

Can anyone relate? It doesn't half scare me. Not had it in weeks thought it had stopped, but I have had a couple of anxious days again and something did upset me today a little.

Fishmanpa
09-01-14, 19:55
BBelle,

Being anxious or stressed certainly can make you agitated, anxiety sufferer or not. It's totally normal.

Positive thoughts

Bonnibelle
09-01-14, 20:42
Thanks for your reply. Very reassuring :)

Johnna
09-01-14, 22:07
I have GAD and before I started my Celexa I was so angry and agitated all the time and I really thought I had an anger disorder. But with the meds, I am a whole new person, so it is probably accurate to say that its from anxiety, even if you're not normally an anxious person:yesyes:

Marty_67
09-01-14, 22:34
I suffered with agitation too. Been on Cit for about 2 weeks now and I feel so much better.

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

I have GAD and before I started my Celexa I was so angry and agitated all the time and I really thought I had an anger disorder. But with the meds, I am a whole new person, so it is probably accurate to say that its from anxiety, even if you're not normally an anxious person:yesyes:

Absolutely spot on that

Rennie1989
09-01-14, 23:11
I can get very agitated out of the blue, or so it seems. Your doctor is very right.

ktylizbth
10-01-14, 00:14
I don't usually get agitated randomly. I usually get agitated for a reason. (Feeling tired, not enough food/attention, etc)

Bonnibelle
10-01-14, 03:20
Thank you all. At least I know it's common with anxiety. I'd had a stressful day
worrying about my son so I know the cause.

Im on meds and hadn't had the feeling in weeks.

Thank you x