PDA

View Full Version : weird vision

shereedac
15-11-06, 18:37
My eyesight is really strange.. I am very sensitive to light and even if the sun gleams in my eyes for a second i get black spots every where i look. If i look at somethingt the tv for example if i look away i can see the shape of the tv in black and white, the same if i look at someone i can look away and see their image in black and white like in a negative in a photograph. Also i can see duplicates of images i look at. I can look at something and look away and seeit again. This is all very disturbing. Have had a brain scan and been to see the opthologist but evertyhing has came back normal. Do not understand it myself.

sheree ritchie

ksmith
15-11-06, 19:13
I don't know if this will help but when I was at my worse I had to wear sunglasses nearly all the time (which looked really over dramatic). I was told my light sensitivity was due to my body being awash with adrenalin which then enlarges the pupil which then lets in more light than usual.

To cut a long story short, once the meds kicked in, it disappeared. Hope you feel better soon.

Kay x

jill
15-11-06, 23:26
Hi shereedac.

When I was acute, my eyes were senitive to light at times. So I would say the same as Kay. Defo for me an anxiety symptom.

In order to prepare the body for impending danger, adrenaline release causes many physical changes. During the anxiety response the body prepares the eyes to notice any slight movements; it does this by dilating the pupils allowing more light to enter. This is why anxious people become more sensitive to bright light and often wear sunglasses to minimize the eyestrain it causes.

Hope this helps

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

PaladinX
16-11-06, 07:16
Listen what your saying is completely normal. I think some of these doctors Just give tests to make money. there is no reason at all for a doctor to give you a brain scan over what your saying. this happens to everyone. Happens to me all the time. buy an illusions book.. the ones where you look at an object on paper then close your eyes and you see diff images.

I have anxiety i think, But sometimes im just aware of and doesnt bother me. Outside of the dizziness heart stuff. . We are extra sensitive to EVERYTHING. Light really messes with me too Ill watch tv, look away and ill see the tv. Its the feedback.. I can look at any light for a short period of time and that happens to me. its normal im sure of it

leanne1980
16-11-06, 10:48
hiya

when i have been at my worst i even worse sunglasses in the house, i have had this but it seems to get better or worse with my mood

take care
leanne xx

i just wanna feel normal

feels_like_home
30-11-06, 05:57
Hi Sheree,

I have the same symptoms you do regarding eyesight. Somedays it gets really bad and it is all I can focus on. You are not alone.

Take care,

Michelle

rmlamatt
30-11-06, 22:27
Dear Sheree.... I also have had this eye thing, even lost sight above. As if my hand was hiding the top eyesite. As in a car I could only see what was below the middle of your eyes. Went directly to hospital and they found Ocular Migraine. I had it when I was in my forties, going through menopause. Sixty-four now and it has gotten better.

Sometimes I really do think that we people that are so sensative to our bodies are a special breed. I mean that in a good sense; maybe we have a blessing of somekind. Sounds good, anyway, doesn't it.

Hope this helps.
Rose

Don't walk in front of me I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend