PDA

View Full Version : Please help I'm sick and really scared :(

neptune296
10-01-14, 03:25
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can ease my mind I'm so scared and nervous. I'm a 21 year old guy and I've been sick with what I hope is the flu for about three and a half days. The only symptoms I have are:

Fever from 100-103
Fatigue
Muscle aches
Chills
Swollen lymph nodes in neck

It all came on suddenly three days ago when I woke up with a fever and my eyes aching. I was ok for the first two days till I starting thinking :weep: . I had recent incidences where I had unprotected sex with people I didn't know the status of. So now I'm freaking out that this is all the first stages of an acute hiv infection. I've been taking 2 advil every 4-5 hours. And now to make me freak out even more I developed a flat non itchy red rash like small splotches all over my chest.

I'm just so scared it's never gonna go away or that I have some terrible disease. I've been freaking out that it's something like rabies? Even though I've had no exposer and there's no cases ever reported in people in my state.

I don't know I'm just scared and I need some comforting advice :weep: . I mean is it normal for a fever to last this long with a flu anyone else have similar symptoms or experiences.

Thanks so much :)

hanshan
10-01-14, 09:52
It sounds like flu or some other infection. I can't say anything about HIV infection. You need to see your doctor, and give him/her any information that is relevant.

Doctors are not there to judge you, but keep you walking and talking, which they mostly do pretty well.

Fishmanpa
10-01-14, 12:57
Agreed... the flu... sorry you're sick as I know it sucks. Bed rest, plenty of fluids, Tylenol for the fever and aches and ride it out.

Positive thoughts

countrygirl
10-01-14, 14:07
Its probably just a virus, viruses make you feel very very ill but it is worth seeing or speaking to a Dr and explainng your symptoms and the rash.
Also do tell a Dr about unprotected sex because for your peace of mind you might want to get tested for all STD's.
Its better to talk to a Dr and explain your symptoms and fears than live with such anxiety.