PDA

View Full Version : Might need some online company tonight/tomorrow

Gem_182
10-01-14, 04:15
Hi everyone,

I'm a very anxious person and worrier and panic too!
I worry about being on my own in case something goes wrong and I'm going to be at home on my own (well at least for a bit) tomorrow. I'm visiting my parents and they are both at work tomorrow until the afternoon and my partner is going to London for the day for work and am very worried about it. Worried about him and everything whilst he's there, but selfishly I'm worried that he will be far far away(he'll be 2 and a bit hours away) in case I worry or panic and I worry I can't calm myself down. My parents will be back in the afternoon which is good, but I worry that when they come back, I might still panic cos I'll be thinking about my partner being far away. I feel stupid for worrying about it but can't seem to stop myself from worrying which of course is making it worse and will no doubt make a panic come on.

Sorry for rambling peeps, and any advice/ company would be appreciated.
Gem x

shakey1961
10-01-14, 06:07
I know what it's like - you feel like a fish out of water, you cotton wool safety blanket has gone.

However, you can do it. Not saying it's going to be easy, but break it down into chunks you can cope with. What time are your parents home from work?

Take it hour by hour. or if you can't do that, minute by minute or even second by second. You have your computer, do something you like on that. Try and play games on it, surf the net, and before you know it a whole chunk of time has gone by.

I know you'll get through it. Do you have friends you can talk to on the phone? People who could come round to keep you company? What about going to walk around some local shops, go for a coffee somewhere.

Wishing you a good day

Bonnibelle
10-01-14, 07:20
I'm suffering the same. I'm finding days just awful when my husband is at work, the days terrify me alone.

The chat room here is good, there's usually people in there to keep you company.

Gem_182
10-01-14, 08:11
Thanks for the replies. Have been up all night worrying about it and now feel completely crap and paniced.

Thats exactly how I feel shakey - my safety blanket has gone, but then my parents are it too, so I can't understand why I can't think I will be calm whe they get home which is usually between 3.30 - 4.30.
I've been trying to tell myself I've got lots to do and like you say with the internet there's plenty to do, but the thought isn't working for me today :( I just keep instantly going back to thinking "he's so far away, i'm scared what am i gonna do".

Got a few friends I could call around here too, which I might give a go too, but it's the same as the internet, that thought isn't working for me today :( why can't I just keep calm?! xx

Thanks Bonnibelle, sorry to hear you are feeling the same thing too. Hope you are feeling ok xx

lizzie29
10-01-14, 12:37
I get like this too. I'm loads better now than I used to be, but still struggle at times. It does get easier the more you do it. Keep busy and break your day into chunks. I used to work out what was halfway: e.g. If I had 8 hours alone, think of it as 4, as when you've done 4, you're halfway and if you've done 4 there's no reason why you can't do another 4.
Fill the time with activities, and it'll fly. PM me if you need anything.

Gem_182
10-01-14, 20:33
Thanks so much for that hun, I really appreciate it. Thanks for the advice, I like that way of thinking of if you've done half you can do the other half :) I've managed to cope well today, had a sleep earlier when I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and tried to keep myself busy. Sorry to hear you get like it too, it's a horrible feeling isn't it? Glad to hear you are loads better though :) if you need anything message me too hun and thanks again x

Tanner40
10-01-14, 22:16
You can be your own safety blanket, Gem. Wrap that blanket around yourself and say, it's only anxiety and it can't hurt me. Try to think of the things that you're thankful for. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?

lizzie29
10-01-14, 23:12
If you managed to sleep that's great! I remember a therapist saying to me once that you need to be relaxed to sleep, so it's a good sign!

How are you doing?

Gem_182
13-01-14, 22:42
Thanks Tanner, Thats a really really nice and good way to think about it. I will keep telling myself that :)
I'm struggling now with taking new tablets, I'm no good with change and get frightened of taking new tabs. But I am thankful for lots of things and people around me! how are you doing?

---------- Post added at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Thanks Lizzie! I know, I didn't think I would drop off to sleep, but amazingly I did! hehe thanks.

I'm ok, although starting new tablets today (although not started them yet). I'm no good with change, and am worried about taking these. How are you?

lizzie29
13-01-14, 23:33
What tablets are they? What are you worried about, side effects? You may not have any, and even if you do they'll pass. Not nice, but at least you'll know it's down to the tablets. And it'll be worth it!

I'm fine thanks :)

Gem_182
15-01-14, 11:30
Good, glad to hear you're fine :)

Tablets are Sertraline. I'm worried a little about the side effects but my last fear left after working through the others are that I will take the tablet and panic and feel like I need to get it out my system. I know and hope that it will be ok and it will pass but I just can't get past that worry of once it's in it's in. x